Setting Up: Part 1

Vivian, the Warlord of Siren Song, led her teammates to Chinatown of Vancouver. She peered at the cloudy skies as her hand checked for any sign of rain. Though she was wearing a short, white, faux-leather skirt, nude stockings, and a blue crop-top, she needed rain. She and her allies needed the Water Buff. That was the reason her team was able to conquer the lands in a relatively short time.

Henrie, the Rain Dancer of the guild, noticed what Vivian was doing. "Do not worry. I am certain it will rain." And even if it didn't, he was able to conjure the rain, which was one of his abilities. The long, white strands of his bandana danced as a breeze blew. He looked at the moving clouds spanning across the sky. "We will win."

A girl in a frog onesie ran up beside Henrie and booty bumped him. He stumbled aside as she spoke, "Well, even if it doesn't, I can lead the way." She pounded her chest. "With 10 of our men by my side, we can reap them like a tsunami!" She giggled.

Vivian eyed both of them. A chill crawled up both their spines. She proceeded with a smile, and cheerfully said, "I am glad you are entering this battle with an optimistic mind, but we need to be careful since we don't know what their Warlord can do."

The two bowed their head, apologizing for their seemingly unneeded remarks. Henrie elbowed the frog and signaled her to fall back in line. She nodded as they creeped behind Vivian.

After a while, they walked to a highrise. Vivian motioned Henrie and four others to enter it. Henrie had a channeling ability. By consuming all of his mana from his gauge at the beginning of the cast, the effect would continue as long as he stayed focused and uninterrupted. They planned to use the high grounds to hide his presence and prolong the chase.

The others were his bodyguards to ensure no interferences. One, a girl with brown, medium hair, had the ability to infuse her surrounding elements into her attacks. With the milestone gauge, the more attacks she could land, the more effects would be added based on the element. The other three were boys. Two of which used milestone gauges, while the other used a segmented mana gauge. One was a skinny boy with a full body tattoo, who had the ability to absorb incoming damage. He used a milestone gauge. As the damage taken accumulated, he would be able to materialize his tattoos to strike back. The more damage absorbed, the more powerful the tattoo would be. The second one, the other milestone user is a little boy wearing a yellow raincoat who used two water guns. With each consecutive hit, he gained a new passive ability. The last boy, an older teenager, wore a penguin onesie and slept on the stairs on the lowest floor inside the building. He had the ability to conjure water and strike with them. All soaked enemies within his vicinity are slowed based on the amount of segments on his mana gauge. Additionally, by consuming all the current segments, he can freeze the wet targets in place according to the amount consumed.

"Oi!" The tattooed boy said as he kicked the penguin laying flat on the stairs. "If ya gonna sleep on tha stairs, sleep on a higher floor like tha 3rd or 4th."

"Leave Miles alone, Gordy," said the yellow raincoat. "He can handle himself."

"I told ya not to call me Gordy. It's Gordan," he corrected the yellow raincoat. "Plus, I'm saying it, not because he can't handle himself, but because he is exposed is tha open. He might as well have a sign saying 'tha enemies are here.' Doncha think?"

"Doesn't matter to me," said the brown haired girl. "The enemies are not going to pass the 10th floor with me guarding it."

With the elevator's bell, Henrie told Gordan, Tommy, and Lilia to ignore Miles and hop on. Lilia got off on the 10th floor. Tommy rushed off to explore the 15th, and Gordan was ordered to stay on the elevator. He sat cross armed and legged, and pouted. Henrie rode all the way up the penthouse.

The others marched towards a park. Upon arrival, they met their opponent, Sakura Assassins.

The respective Warlords stepped forward to greet one another. Vivian leaned on one leg and with an arm wrapped around her back as her hand held the elbow of her waving arm. Gerald stood with his legs at shoulder width, and with clasped hands behind his back.

"Lovely day isn't it?" Vivian cheerfully stated.

Gerald's eyes panned the gray sky. "I'd rather have this done quickly as possible."

Vivian pouted. "Come on. We should be having fun. After all, you guys are the strongest in the city."

"And you guys have been racing up the ladder as a new faction," said Heather, a woman with long black hair tied in a ponytail. She stepped beside Gerald. One of her hands rested on her hip while the other held some talismans dangling by her side. "I presume your Rain Dancer already started."

Vivian responded with a smirk. She looked at the 15 members of Sakura Assassins. "I'll give you one minute to prepare yourself." She gave a half bow. "As courtesy for raiding your territory."

All but three members of Sakura retreated and scattered throughout Chinatown.

The three walked onto the grass. Two of the three sat cross legged waiting for the timer to end. The third stayed standing checking for the rain.

Once the time was up, Siren Song dashed out to search for their opponents, except for 7 of them.

"What a treat," the standing male, Sakura member said. "7 on 3. Must be so proud to be taking on a small group like that." He scrunched his loose, black shirt and tied a knot with it. "But I don't mind the challenge."

The girl sitting next to him broke into a maniacal laughter. She fell onto her back as she kicked her legs. "That... is... so... funny! You? Winston? A support? Ah...! Haha!"

The Sirens stared at her with confusion.

Then, the boy sitting on the other side of Winston exhaled with confirmation. "I agree. Quite comical for a support to make such a statement." He stood up, patted off the dirt on his sweatpants, and looked at the girl. "Though not hysterical as to throw a fit."

The girl spread her limbs. Her black army boots bounced on the ground. She then let out her breath. "I'm just trying to lighten the mood a bit, Ian. Can't you let me have my fun?"

"Fun for one, perhaps... But, creating an awkward atmosphere is definitely not fun for all."

"Stop it, both you!" Winston yelped. "You are ruining the morale I tried building up! And you, Clary," he pointed at the girl, "Can't you take anything seriously?" He then turned to Ian. "And your 'neutrality' is definitely not that."

A laugh escaped the lips of a young man from the front of the Siren Song members. The three stopped their bickering and changed their focus on the man.

"I'm sorry," the man apologized. "That was funny. It's like I'm watching a sitcom." He nudged one of his allies. "Am I right? Anyway," he pointed at Winston, "If what that little girl said is true, then you are being ridiculous for such words."

"I'm not a little girl!" Clary exclaimed as she rolled up to stand. She wiped off the grass on her blue, denim short shorts and large, black sweater. "And no one gets to make fun of Winston except for me!" She pulled out a pair of gloves from her sweater pocket, and wore them.

Ian slid out a fan from the back of his sweatpants, and wiped it as if he was unsheathing a sword. He then got out a bandana, rolled it up, and wrapped it around his forehead. Winston turned and skipped to the backline, letting the two take the lead. About a meter away, he pivoted towards the Sirens to wave at them.