VII. HE IS WORTHY

mother's daughter by miley cyrus

"Oh my God, she got the power.
Well, look at her, she got the power.
Don't fuck with my freedom,
I came back to get me some.
I'm nasty, I'm evil.
Must be something in the water or that I'm my mother's daughter"

          I awakened and quickly jolted up from the bed, realizing I was in my chambers. "Loki." I muttered, remembering last night in the Throne Room. I looked out to the balcony and see it's already morning.

The ceremony is happening tonight, I have to do something. Hopping off the bed, I rush out of my chambers. I thought of confronting Loki again, but realized that wouldn't end any better than before. There isn't much Mother could do, especially while watching Father.

I mentally facepalmed myself before rushing to the fireplace lounge, hoping to find the person to help me. Or, rather four persons. I open the doors to the lounge and just like I hoped, were Lady Sif and the Warriors Three.

          "Iduna? Are you alright? Loki said that you fainted last night from all the stress of the war." Sif asked in concern.

          Loki, you son of a bitch.

          I quickly walk over to the couches were the the four sat, while Volstagg kept gobbling away his food like a beast.

           "Loki arranged for me to marry the Prince of Vanaheim." I blurted out.

           "What?!" Sif yelled, obviously infuriated by Loki's doing.

           "He's planning something and obviously doesn't want me here to see it, we must take action and fast." I ordered. Fandral started to become more annoyed with Volstagg's constant eating and started pacing back and fourth across the room.

            "Our dearest friend banished, Loki on the throne, Iduna stripped of her freedom, Asgard on the brink of war, yet you've managed to consume four wild boar, six pheasants, a side of beef, and two casks of ale. Shame on you. Don't you care?!" Fandral slapped the plate of a pheasant leg out of Volstagg's hand.

          "Do not mistake my appetite for apathy!" Volstagg got up and angrily defended. Sif and Hogun stood up to hold their two friends back.

          "Stop it, both of you! Stop." Sif scolded. "We all know what we have to do." She whispered. I gently nodded in agreement.

          "We must go." Hogun calmly stepped in as we all turned our attention to him. "We must find Thor."

          "It's treason." Fandral reminded. He's not wrong, if Loki finds out, we're done for.