27. Madirakshi's swayamvar

| Edited |
_________________________________________

Suchitra, with the assistance of the handmaids, adorned Madirakshi for the most significant event of her life— her swayamvar.

Amidst their preparations, thoughts of Arjun and Karna, the two men who had captured their hearts, lingered in their minds.

Madirakshi fervently prayed for Karna's presence and her swayamvar to end smoothly. Suchitra was aware that invitations had been sent to Indraprasth for Arjun as well. Madirakshi referred to Yudhishthir and Bheem as brothers, while the twins were younger than her.

Arjun, to whom Suchitra lost her heart. She knew he would definitely come to the swayamvar, upholding the duty that of a prince. She understood his dilemmas well and had no complains.

She had full faith that he liked her, as much as she did, while her sister harbored affection for Karna. Madirakshi always seen Arjun as friend, never as groom.

Suchitra noticed Madirakshi sighing, and spoke up with an assuring smile. "Everything will be fine, Didi. Madhav and Dau are here too. Nothing could wrong in their presence."

Madirakshi passed a small relived smile at her conforming words. She was about to speak when Krishna, who just entered the chamber, spoke, "Indeed."

"Madhav," Madirakshi rose, adjusting her veil.

"You look extremely pretty," Krishna complimented, Madirakshi reciprocated with shy smile.

"Someone important is here to meet you, Sakhi." He said out of nowhere.

The sisters looked at each other, as they asked in union, "Who?"

Krishna smiled mysteriously as a handmaid arrived, informing them that their parents were summoning them to the palace's Shiva Temple.

"Let's proceed there," Krishna said, leading the way.

"Stay blessed," Madirakshi's parents blessed her as she sought their blessings.

"You look exceptionally beautiful," Sulochana smiled warmly at Madirakshi.

"Look, dear, who has graced us with his presence," Madirakshi's father said as she looked up to see Bhagwaan Parshuram standing before them.

Krishna and Balram, who stood behind the princesses of Mayurvan, greeted Shri Parshuram with respectful gestures. He acknowledged them with a nod and a smile.

"Pranam," Madirakshi greeted with a bowed head.

"Saubhagyavati Bhava!" Parshuram blessed her. He was among those who had cursed Karna, and now he was blessing Madirakshi, serving as a conduit for the reversal of those curses.

Jaydev and Sulochana were happy but puzzled by Parshuram's blessing before the marriage. Nonetheless, they chose to let it pass.

Madirakshi couldn't contain her smile; she felt an overwhelming sense of bliss. Suchitra, her sister, shared in her delight.

"Today, you will take another step forward toward your destiny. Another step toward altering fate," Parshuram prophesied.

"How so, Prabhu?" Madirakshi asked, her confusion evident.

"You will come to understand in due time," he replied with a smile, echoing the words once said by Krishna. Madirakshi nodded in acceptance.

"I believe it's time to proceed to the arena for the swayamvar," Krishna suggested, breaking the moment.