𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧. 𝑑𝑒𝑙𝑜𝑟𝑒𝑠

𝐀𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐊𝐋𝐀𝐔𝐒 𝐇𝐀𝐃 changed into acceptable clothes—a suit that they had taken from Reginald's closet—Valerie rushed the three of them back to the Meritech building.

A slightly nauseous Klaus introduced himself to Mr. Biggs as Five's father, and before either Five or Valerie could say anything, he introduced Valerie to be Five's girlfriend. A few minutes later, and they were sitting in the office of Mr. Biggs.

"Like I said to your son and his girlfriend earlier," spoke Mr. Biggs as he stared at Klaus, who was sitting in a chair on the other side of the man's desk in his office, "any information about the prosthetics we build is strictly confidential. Without the client's consent, I simply can't help you."

Five leaned forward, his hands gripping the back of a chair as he seethed, "Well, we can't get consent if you don't give us a name."

"Well, that's not my problem." Mr. Biggs shrugged as he pressed his lips together. "Sorry. Now, there's really nothing more I can do, so . . ."

Klaus looked down at his lap for a moment before looking up at Mr. Biggs, his voice quivering, "And what about my consent?"

"Excuse me?"

Valerie's eyebrows furrowed. She had absolutely no clue where Klaus was going with this, though she still decided to let him proceed.

"Who gave you permission" —Klaus began to cry, causing Valerie and Five to turn to him with a look of bafflement— "to lay your hands . . . on my son?"

"What?" the three of them questioned simultaneously.

"You heard me," insisted Klaus with an indignant nod.

"Was this part of the plan?" Valerie whispered to Five as she kept her eyes on Klaus, and the boy slowly shook his head in response.

"I didn't touch your son," protested Mr. Biggs as he glanced over to the boy.

"Oh, really?" Klaus scoffed as he straightened up, his eyebrows raised in challenge. "Well, then how did he get that swollen lip, then?"

Mr. Biggs seemed taken aback by this claim as he looked over to Five and inspected his perfectly fine lip. "He doesn't have a swollen—"

Klaus stood up and slapped Five hard on the mouth.

Five let out a groan of pain as he brought his hand to his mouth, checking for blood on his finger before shooting Klaus a glare.

Rolling her eyes, Valerie got to her feet, placing a gentle hand on Five's cheek as she leaned towards him and checked his lip, which was indeed swelling, along with bleeding. 

"I'm fine," Five muttered to her. He licked away some of the blood that had begun to leak from the corner of his bottom lip and threw a scowl in his brother's direction.

Klaus ignored Five's glare as he inhaled sharply and pressed his hands against the desk. "I want it. Name, please. Now."

Mr. Biggs stared at Klaus, pointing his finger at him as his shaky voice claimed, "You're crazy."

Klaus chuckled. "You got no idea." 

Mr. Biggs' eyes widened as he watched Klaus pick up a snow globe that featured a model of the Earth in the middle, and he began to shake his head.

"'Peace on Earth,'" Klaus read the inscription aloud with a plastered smile. "That's so sweet."

Valerie clutched onto Five's arm in fright as Klaus smashed the globe against his forehead, yelling out in pain.