Chapter 2💃🏻

Lunch is something that I enjoy taking a break from the most boring office jobs that I have ever been and while I do eat I also spend my time going somewhere to practice. It is something that helps me keep sane during the day and my boss doesn't mind about it, she's actually rather sweet with it that I leave. Though I always come back before the lunch break is over. It's about an hour so it gives me enough time to walk over to the dance studio and practice but also eat on the way back. The dance studio is nearby where I work so it's easy to walk over there.

During the day the streets are crowed but not too much, still there is a lot of life there and the cold is still present as it was last night. Walking to the studio I walk inside by the back where I have a key. People know me where and I pay to go here every day, so I'm allowed to have a key, they trust me and a close friend of mine owns the studio. He's actually my old coach, but he is my friend even when he can be rather strict at times.

Stepping out from the locker rooms dressed in everything but the pointe shoes. During the breaks the smaller dance halls are empty and perfect for me to practice, even only for about half an hour. Sitting down to the ground I put on my pointe shoes and then I start warming up, only for some minutes. Not even bothering to put on music I start dancing. Allowing my feet to dance like if I were gliding on water. My body moving as if it were weightless and free and just wild in spirit and heart.

I close my eyes for a second as I take a deep breath, following the steps perfectly as I dance. When I open my eyes again I know that I'm free and alive. My heart pounds within my chest as it speaks only of you and magical happiness that runs through my whole body like electricity that jumps from one place to another and crackles with sparkles. There might be no music but I can still play it inside my head as I know it by heart. My body responding to it and my muscle memory active like never before.

What feels like seconds are actually minutes and the alarm clock that I had set on my phone breaks me out of my rhythms, but I am amble to keep my balance as I stop dancing. Not wanting to stop dancing even when my body only wants to dance and be free. Sitting down I take off my shoes and stretch my body. My feet are littered with bruises but that is a sacrifice that I will have to make to dance and the pain that I feel is something that I have to endure but I want to.

"Your performance excellent, señorita Lila" A voice I'm all too familiar with speaks behind me. A smile comes to my face as I stand up and turn around, holding my pointe shoes in one hand. "All thanks to you" I say as I walk over to him. Alfredo Diaz is my current coach, and he's just the most amazing and has been teaching me so much and the technique that he uses are amazing as well. "I know, I am the best" He says, but he's also arrogant which doesn't help, though does make him an interesting character.

"Well, I would want to stay and have a chat but I have to leave. Some of us have jobs, you know other than ballet" I speak, and he chuckles as he walks over to me and pulls me for a hug. He's a person that hugs everyone and it does take getting used to. "Yes, unfortunate. You can change your mind and start working for me here at the studio, where it would give you more time to practice and spend your time doing ballet rather than doing nada" He says and I smile as he always throws in a couple of Spanish words into some of his sentences.

He's not Spanish himself but his grandparents are, and he does hold a lot to that heritage. "Yes well I don't want to get bored of ballet. I really have to go. Though it was nice seeing you and I'm all set for tomorrow night" I tell him with a smile on my face and I walk to the locker room. This time there are some women there, some are young and some are the same age as me while others are older but all of us have one thing in common; our love for ballet.

Walking back to work while eating a subway sandwich to keep me energized as a ballet dance needs to have a steady diet and something healthy to keep myself in shape. Dancing is not just about being able to preform the steps but doing it does take a lot of energy and I need that energy and my body needs fuel. "Excuse me, miss" A man speaks in front of me and I halt as I look at him. His voice is so deep but comforting almost. I give him a kind smile as I look up at him because he's rather tall.

"Yes?" I ask him kindly. I can barely see his face because he has a hood covering it. "Where can I find... the library?" He asks me. "Oh, it's just around the corner, near the clothing store. You can't miss it" I tell him and point to him where to go, and he nods his head. "Thank you" He says and then starts walking his way and I go to the office. Still, there is this flutter inside my heart that I can't seem to shake off and maybe I don't want to.