Flight

Lexie Grey woke up slowly to the smell of smoke and a sharp pain running through her entire body and when she went to move, she winced in pain at the realization that she was stuck. Lexie Grey was stuck under the wing of the plane and she had no hope that she would get out.

All of a sudden, she felt a lump in her throat and she instantly knew what was going to happen so she turned her head just as she began to cough up blood. That could mean two things, either something small like a simple cut in the mouth or..eternal bleeding.

Lexie began to feel the tears form as she realized she would die alone, she would die with no one to stroke her hair or even just hold her hand and lie to tell her everything will be just fine even though in reality, they both know she would die any second. Lexie then remembered something and moved her good arm around until she could feel the cold metal of a seatbelt.

"Yes!" She coughed out before lifting her shaking right arm in the air and hitting the tiny piece of metal against the side of the wing of the plane to try and cause some noise for anyone to hear and possibly give her that small hope that she could possibly live.
...............................................
Mark Sloan was making his way through the woods of where his part of the plane had landed, luckily for him..he had only a few cuts and bruises but nothing too major and even if he did, he wouldn't know because he was too busy worrying about the woman on the back of the plane. Lexie Grey, the love of his life.

It was times like these where Mark felt worse. Lexie had confessed her love for him just days before this incident and Mark was just about to say it back until his girlfriend came along. Of course Mark loved Lexie, he will always love her. He doesn't love Julia, what they have was just Mark's way of trying to fill a hole that could never be filled because there is only one girl for him and that girl could possibly be dead somewhere for all he knows, she could be dead and that alone brought tears to his eyes.

As Mark was searching through to find anyone, mostly Lexie..he could hear the faint noise of metal hitting something and that gave him hope that at least someone else was alive.

Mark ran over to the noise and bent down, gasping when he saw who was underneath. Lexie Grey. His Lexie Grey.

"Lexie?? Hey, hey..can you hear me?? Are you okay??" Mark asked with panic in his voice as he reached over to check how fast her heartbeat was. Shit, it was slow. "Hey, listen to me..we are going to get you out of here, okay? The others will be okay and YOU will be okay.." Mark told Lexie sternly.

Lexie's breathing quickened as she turned her head slowly, tears slowly beginning to fall down her pale cheeks, "M-Mark..I-im...dying.." she said between shallow breaths.

Mark, who was trying to figure out a way to get her out of the plane, turned his head quickly when he heard what she said then he smiled, "what?? No you're not, you're going to be fine, okay? I'm going to get you out of here..just hang on for me, baby.." he didn't even realize he called her baby but Lexie was always his love, it just fit well for her.

Lexie coughed a little and shook her head, "y-yes..I am..i-im dying.." she said quietly and gasped for air for a moment before calming down.

"No you're not! Stop. Saying. That. You're going to be fine.." truth be told, Mark was acting tough for the brunette but in reality, he was freaking out. He made a promise to himself in his head that WHEN he gets her out of her, he will make her his again and never let her go. He lost her too many times, he couldn't lose her again.