Stablized

At the Hospital

"M-Mark.."

Mark lifted his head up quickly after hearing that familiar voice, it was cracked and quiet but he still thought it was the most beautiful thing his ears could hear. "Lexie??" He asked, not knowing if it was his brain playing tricks on him and just letting him hear what he wanted to hear.

But this time, he actually felt the twitch from the fingers in his larger hand then his eyes instantly filled with tears, "M-Mark..y-you're..here.." Lexie said quietly. To be honest, Lexie thought Mark was only telling her all those things in the woods because he thought she was dying and that's what she would want to hear but nope, he's here.

"Yes, Lex..I'm here, I couldn't just be somewhere knowing the love of my life was fighting for her life in a hospital bed." Mark said, lifting his free hand to wipe at his eyes that had stinging tears going through them, "gosh Lex..I'm so glad you're here." He whispered and pressed kisses to her hand.

Lexie gave him a weak smile and shook her head "it'll take..a lot more..than a...plane crash..to..take me...down.." she said quietly and gulped a little from the dryness on her lips and in her throat.

Mark quickly got up, "I'm going to go get Derek and Callie" he leaned over and kissed her head before walking out the room quickly, seeing Derek and Callie at the end of the hall at the nurses station so he ran over, "she's awake!" He said excitedly and he knew Derek and Callie would know exactly who he is talking about.

Derek raised an eyebrow, "she woke up extremely soon.." he mumbled before walking quickly to the room with Callie as Mark got a water for Lexie.

Once they were in the room, Callie wrapped up Lexie's legs and arm in casts as Derek checked Lexie's eyes and smiled when she squinted. "Wow, Little Grey..you're a tough one" he smiled. Derek had one hand wrapped up but he was still able to work with his other one and well, Callie wasn't even on the plane so she was definitely going to work on Lexie when she got the opportunity

"We are going to keep you here overnight just to monitor everything but I suggest maybe taking it easy when you go home, you'll need to be in a wheelchair and you obviously can't use your left arm but don't worry, you will get lots of help from me and Meredith and Alex" he said with a smile, listing off some people who live at Meredith's house.

"She is staying with me, I'll help stretch her legs, take her wherever she needs to..I'll do it all." Mark said quickly and squeezed Lexie's hand, warning a small and weak smile from the brunette.

"Mark, you know it's going to be a lot of work and well, a lot of people live at our house so it shouldn't be a problem but you're just one person and what about Jul-"

"We broke up" Mark quickly said. "And I don't care even if I have to take every single second of my day out to help her with whatever she needs, I'll be there.." Mark said quietly and kissed the brunettes head. "I love you" he whispered into her hair.

Derek cleared his throat and nodded, "then it's settled, tomorrow you can go to Mark's place but for tonight, we just need to make sure you stay stable and steady" Derek said softly and sighed. "I'll leave you two alone" he kissed his sister in law on the head before walking out.

"I got you a water when I left to get Callie and Derek and some food as well because I just didn't know if-" He was then cut off by a quiet voice. "J-just s-some water..please.." she lifted her weak but good hand but Mark quickly and gently stopped her, "you need to drink up..I'll help." He opened the water up and gently helped her sip on it. "Thank you.." she said a bit more clearer as she finished some of it.

"Of course, you hungry? I got your favorites." He smiled and began opening up a reese's peanut butter cup. "I don't think eating candy is the best thing for me right now.." Lexie said with a weak laugh but winced it pain, "who cares? It'll be mine and your little secret" he said softly and she opened her mouth as he put half of it in her mouth then finished the other half.

"I love you.." Lexie said quietly "and I'm sorry for always walking out on you when things got tough.." she whispered as a tear fell down on her face and Mark shook his head quickly before getting up and getting in bed beside her carefully and wrapping an arm around her "don't be sorry, baby..I have you here right now and I love you, I'm never going to let you go.." he whispered and kissed her head, wiping at her brown eyes.

They stayed wrapped in each other's embrace, just genuinely happy to have each other back in their lives. Mark hated that it took a plane crash to make him work up the courage to tell her how he felt. He was soon thrown out of his thoughts when he heard that soft angelic voice.

"Promise me this is forever..?" She whispered and looked up at him with tired yet overall, beautiful brown doe eyes.

Mark didn't even have to think twice before nodding his head and kissing her gently on the lips.

"I promise.." he whispered.

So sorry for the long wait! I've been super busy with school and just haven't had the energy to post but here is the third chapter to "Flight" next chapter to "Secrets" will be next :) make sure to follow and to have a nice day/night, xoxo.