Chapter 1: The Beginning of the End

(The first day of school. Izuki is still fast asleep when sunlight streams through her windows. Ochako tries to wake her up after turning off her alarm.)

Ochako(gently, rubbing the blanket covering her legs): Hey sweetie. It's time to wake up. You don't want to be late for your first day of UA and seeing Hyōga for the first time in years.

(The blanket started to float and Izuki wakes up with a start as the blanket hovers over her head.)

Izuki(drowsy): Ma! This is the ten millionth time I've woken up cold because of my warm blanket floating.

Ochako: If you had woken up when your alarm went off, I wouldn't have to use my quirk to wake you up. Your suitcase and backpack are already by the door.

(Ochako heads out of Izuki's room and closes the door. Izuki gets dressed in her uniform and puts on her quirk-containing gloves.)

Izuki (thinking out loud): I wonder if Hyōga has changed any and what UA will be like. I bet Hyōga is the same old knucklehead he was when we were kids.

(Izuki goes out of her room and heads to the bathroom to brush and tie back her long hair and brush her teeth before she goes downstairs for breakfast. Her father Izuku is currently the number one hero with Ground Zero close behind him and is currently making Izuki's favorite breakfast, chocolate chip pancakes with eggs.)

Izuku (shouting): Honey, breakfast is ready! Zuki, I have your favorite!

(Izuki her father's call and goes into the dining room.)

Izuki:Dad, you didn't have to do all this. It's only my first day of UA.

Izuku:That's why I have to do this. You're going to our alma mater, and Hyōga will be your guide through the school. I made sure that he would give you a tour of the campus since I couldn't because of work.

Izuki:Thanks Dad. I'll do my best to survive high school and become a hero. Mom, since there are dorms at UA, you won't be making my blanket float in the mornings.

(They all laugh and eat their breakfast. When they're done, Izuki gets her backpack and suitcase then she rushes out the door. One the way, Izuki runs into her childhood crush, Hyōga who tries to slow her down.)

Hyōga: Woah there speedy Gonzales, what's the rush? Why do you always feel like you have to run like a chicken with its head cut off?

Izuki (surprised): Hyōga?

Hyōga: Who else gave you the nickname "Zuki" and have known since you were a kid?

(Izuki and Hyōga exchange a hug and walk together to the UA campus where some students are gathered in the courtyard.)

Izuki: Well, we might as well get on with the tour and move into my dorm.

Hyōga: Yeah, we should, but first I should say, welcome to UA High.