Chapter 2:Orientation

(Izuki and Hyōga walk through the doors of the UA campus. Awe is in Izuki's eyes. Students hustle to get to their classes and dorm rooms. Hyōga takes notice of her expression and shrugs, but when Izuki's face goes blank, Hyōga snaps her out of it.)

Hyōga (waving):Hello. Earth to Zuki.

(Izuki snaps out of her daze. Both Izuki and Hyōga talk while they walk to Izuki's dorm room.)

Izuki (flustered/blushing): Sorry Hyōga. I just didn't expect UA to be like this. It's incredible. I can see why Dad wanted to go here when he was my age.

Hyōga (indifferent): My father got into the hero course on recommendation, but I'm guessing it had something to do with Grandpa. I want to become a hero not because of my lineage, but because I want to be a hero that people can rely on.

Izuki: Y'know what? After what you just told me, I have the perfect hero name for you. If you already chose one as a first year that's fine, but I think this would suit you.

Hyōga (skeptical): Oh yeah? What would that be, Time Bomb?

Izuki: Glacier. You're strong, sturdy, and you don't cave easily under pressure.

Hyōga: That's actually the name I chose when my class was choosing their hero names.

(Izuki looks at Hyōga in shock, but is actually impressed.)

Izuki: Well, I'm very impressed. What do you think would be a good hero name for me?

Hyōga (cocky): It was in my question when you said that you had the perfect hero name for me.

Izuki (skeptical): You're not actually talking about the name Time Bomb, are you?

Hyōga (nodding): You can literally freeze people in time for literally any amount. That name would be perfect for you.

Izuki: But you forget that I have to wear these gloves to contain my quirk because if I don't, it can freeze people and inanimate objects to the point where they can stay in that state indefinitely even if I do press all my fingers together to release them from that hold, and when they're released, they'll have no memory of what happened after I froze them.

(Hyōga walks Izuki down the hallway where the dorms are at until they reach a sign saying "Izuki Midoriya" in Japanese characters on the left side of the door. Izuki opens the door, goes inside, sets down her backpack on her bed, and puts her suitcase at the foot of her bed. After that, Hyōga takes Izuki on a tour around campus. Along the way, they run into Principal Nezu.)

Nezu: I see you're taking one of our newest first years on a tour Mr. Todoroki. Who is this?

Hyōga: Mr. Nezu, this is Izuki Midoriya. She's Deku and Uravity's daughter.

Izuki (bowing) I'm pleased to make your acquaintance, sir. The tour was my father's request, and Hyōga and I have known each other since childhood.

Nezu (understanding): I'm pleased to make your acquaintance as well, Ms. Izuki. I do have one concern though. Are you going to be breaking any bones in the foreseeable future because I remember your father breaking his a ton of times during the school year?

Izuki (assuring): My quirk is not like my father's so you can rest at ease when it comes to breaking bones because my quirk is more like my mother's except when I touch someone or something it freezes in time instead of floating because my father's quirk can't be passed down genetically. I call my quirk "time freeze" because of it. I might break a couple bones here and there, but it'll mainly be from hand-to-hand combat if I have something to contain my quirk, of course.

Nezu: I see. Well, I can tell that young Hyōga here mainly takes after his father, but he has a bit of his mother's intuition.

Hyōga (bashful): There's no need for the flattery, sir. I'm just happy to do my part as a hero-in-training.

Nezu: Don't be modest, young Hyōga. You dominated last year's Sports Festival leading Class 1-a to victory. You made Aizawa super proud which is a very rare occasion here at UA. Your work study with Suneater may have been a tough endeavor, but you pulled through despite the pressure he put on you. You'll be able to continue your work study with him though as a second year student.

(Izuki looks between a proud Principal Nezu and a blushing Hyōga while the principal praises him.)

Izuki: Well, I hope to work just as hard as Hyōga in becoming a hero. My parents told me that Mr. Aizawa is almost impossible to please, but if Hyōga can make him proud then so can I.

Nezu (proud): I admire your spirit, young Izuki, but spirit is just one of the many qualities that a hero can possess. I hope to see what qualities you possess in the upcoming Sports Festival.

Izuki (determined/humbled): Yes sir. I hope to make a good first impression on the students.

(Izuki and Hyōga say their goodbyes and continue their tour through the campus. Hyōga and Izuki walk by the 1-a classroom, and Aizawa is teaching the class while in a yellow sleeping bag.)

Hyōga: Aizawa-Sensei is a retired pro hero, but he's still teaching this class. I admire him very much.

Izuki (amazed): Incredible.

(Hyōga and Izuki finish the tour and go back to Izuki's dorm when the sun starts to dip down on the horizon.)

Izuki (drowsy): Well, I should get ready for bed. Thanks for the tour Hyōga. I enjoyed it very much.

Hyōga: I should probably do the same. Good night Zuki.

Izuki: Good night Hyōga.

(Izuki goes into her dorm, and get's her pajamas on. Hyōga walks to his dorm with a gleam of admiration in his eyes.)