Prologue

The dimension really was a horrid place to live. It was dark, lonely, and dismal, with almost no sunlight. It was no rumor that Creame wanted out, and wanted revenge.  Creame paced around, thinking. After the reset, he should've just been able to get out, to find a hole in the weak, paper-thin dimension. Obviously, he didn't, as he was still stuck in the blasted thing. It was only ten meters long, but it had taken him a year to figure out why it had randomly started shaking that day. That, and the time it took to push on every square inch of the thing... those together added up to two years. He scurried around, pushing and prodding at the walls. He had a feeling that today would be different, that it'd be the last day that he'd see the small, cramped room. Creame was jolted out of his thoughts as he saw a piece of the dimension start to flutter, like a piece of fabric. Creame slammed his body into the piece-- and it came loose. Sunlight flooded the dark place, causing his eyes to burn. Creame grinned. This moment, the sunlight, the sky, it was what he'd been waiting for all these years. Now all he needed was revenge. He remembered that the monsters knew about possession, so that wouldn't work. That stupid little girl would probably ruin everything again. He needed his other trick. They had only seen it once, and to them, it probably looked like possession anyway. He had to disguise himself. Creame could change into the form of anyone he knew through his life, as long as they were dead. It would have to be a child, one the monsters had never seen. He had never killed a child, but he knew of one that had died in a car crash. Kai Hart. He was ten at the time, and Creame was thirteen. It was a few weeks before he himself had died. Creame closed his eyes, trying his best to imagine the boy. His curly blonde hair, his face full of freckles, and those dancing green eyes. As he thought of him, he knew that he would do anything, anything he could to bring Kai back. Suddenly, Creame felt different. Smaller, more solid. He looked down at his hands to see, instead of shadows, actual skin. He grinned again and jumped right out of the hole. Looking around, Creame could see green, with trees and lakes flecked against the sunny background. Above him was a towering mountain, which had to be Mt. Ebott. He ran over to one of the lakes, studying his reflection. He was definitely Kai now. His smile fell as he looked at the boy in the pond.

 "Hey, bro," he whispered, bending down. He put his hand on the pond. "It's Noah. I promise I'll find a way to bring you back." Creame, no, Noah looked up at the mountain. "Time for revenge." he murmured. To the crowd, it looked like a sweet, ten-year-old boy was placidly climbing a mountain, but it was so, so much more than that. He got to the top, closed his eyes, and jumped.