Roomie

ir·ra·tion·al/i(r)ˈraSH(ə)nəl/

1. adjective not logical or reasonable.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When Y/N stepped out of the car, she was met with a face full of blinding sunlight, forcing her to keep her eyes on the ground and away from the man in front of her. His commanding voice boomed across the quad. 

"Welcome, tomorrow is your first day of training. You get the rest of the day today to orient yourselves with our facilities and rest. Tarmac at 6:00 sharp tomorrow."

"Yes sir!" she shouted, her voice in stark contrast with the seven men who were her comrades. She had never met them before even though they were all from the Busan base. They had always been part of the southern alpha unit, making it so that she was the only one who was unknown. She was the only northern alpha lieutenant who was transferred, making her feel like the new kid at school who had no friends.

As the Colonel shifted and blocked the sunlight from hitting her directly, she was able to refocus her eyes on his face. A big mistake, because what she saw knocked the breath right out of her lungs.

His face, was somehow a mixture of youth and experience. This soft hair ruffled by the gentle breeze, causing his large black doe eyes to become more prominent, showcasing his innocent demeanor. His body was in direct contrast with his facial features. 

Broad chest, wide shoulders and a tiny waist were outlined in his immersion suit, chunky black timberland boots and long legs making him appear even taller than he already was. His eyes bore holes into her soul, making her feel like time had suspended.

But his eyes ripped away from her's as fast as they had met them, leaving her feeling empty. He nodded at the alpha unit members, before promptly turning on his heel and stalking back into the glass structure behind him. 

Shaking herself out of the spell, she grabbed the suitcase which was by her side now, and hauled it into the building as well. She was handed a map of the base by a guard and was given the key card to her quarters. 

 Room 2A, it read. 

Y/N's POV

You followed the map to an elevator and got in, pressing the button for the second floor. The rest of the alpha team members had headed off to the opposite building, where the male quarters were located. 

Stopping in front of a door marked with the same number-letter combo as her card, she swiped it through the notch on the door handle. 

The heavy metal door clicked and you pushed it open, revealing the cleanest, tidiest room you had ever laid eyes on. Two twin beds on either side of the fairly spacious room, allowed for plenty of area for mobility. A large table sat in the midst of the room, stacked neatly with books, papers, and other stationary. 

One bed was made up with a dark blue comforter and plain white pillows, while the othr had a white comforter with dark blue pillows. The walls were painted a fresh gray and had black and white photographs lining the wall next to the white bed. 

The photos each had different people with one girl who made a consistent appearance . Her dark hair reached her shoulders, with wispy bangs sweeping her eyebrows. Her smile caused her eyes to form crescent shapes. 

She was with a number of different people in each one. But what stood out to you most, were the girl's dimples. 

They were no doubt, her most prominent feature. Some of the pictures had a boy next to her who had the same dimples and full smile. 

His hair slightly lighter in color (seemingly dyed). He was a whole head taller than her and had his arm around her shoulders. They were both in official air force officer uniforms, complete with caps and badges. His uniform being slightly more decorated.

Just as you were about to step forward to see it better, the door flung open. In the doorway stood the girl from the pictures, wearing an unreadable expression. She wore plain gray sweats and was drenched with sweat. 

"H-Hi, I'm Y-"

"Y/N. I know," she said, walking past your outstretched hand. She cooly pushed the bathroom door open and disappeared inside.

Rude.

Huffing, out of exhaustion, you hoisted the larger of the two suitcases onto the chair by the center table and beggan unpacking your clothes. 

After about twenty minutes, the girl came back, but with wet hair. I allowed you to see how pretty she actually was. High cheekbones and big eyes accompanied her tanned complexion. She pursed her lips and her dimples showed through.

"Major Kim Jae-hi," she nodded curtly, before plopping onto her bed. 

You had a miniature freak-out. Standing at attention, you straightened your back and stood at attention. "Ma'am. I'm sorry, I wasn't aware of your rank."

She smiled slightly, but suppressed it and waved her hand. "At ease. I'm not gonna treat you like a subordinate when we're in the dorm, don't worry."

"Yes, ma'am."

She rolled her eyes with exhasperation. "Jae-hi, will be just fine, thank you. Unnie is too elementary for us."

You just nodded. 

"You're the alpha unit girl, aren't you?"

"Yeah...why?"

"No reason," she trailed off with a smirk. "Good luck."

You furrowed your eyebrows in confusion, but brushed it aside, not wanting to piss off a senior officer, roommate or not.

The rest of the afternoon and evening went by as if she wasn't even there. She spent most of her time at the desk, buried in paperwork, as you continued rearranging your side of the room. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jungkook

The sun had barely risen, leaving the base coated with darkness. The early morning sky was beginning to turn pink and a sharp chill floated in the air. Jungkook was up bright and early, having aready gone for a mile run around the base and done three rounds of his favorite routines at the gym. 

His black muscle shirt was now drenched in sweat and his dark hair was slicked back, revealing his forehead. He stepped back into his quarters that he shared with Taehyung and chugged a bottle of water before heading off for a shower. 

Taehyung had already showered and was busy eating in the kitchenette. His black hair was pushed out of his face, revealing its beauty to the world.

Once Jungkook was ready, the two finished their breakfast in comfortable silence and went to their respective positions for the day. Taehyung had to accompany a select few people on a test flight later, so he reported directly to the tarmac. 

Jungkook inhaled, knowing that it was about to be an extremely long day. One full of her.

 One full of her