lets go to the beach

CHAPTER 3

RUEL POV

We put our stuff down after finding a nice quiet spot on the beach. The girls put their towels out and started taking off their cover ups to get ready to tan. I tried not to stare to much at jasmine in her bright pink bikini but the colour looked so good on her it was hard not to. Louis clearly noticed how good she looked too because he wouldn't stop staring at her as well as emba and tessa.

Louis and I suited up and grabbed our boards. Today was a great day to surf so we head down to the water and get started. Ive never been the best surfer, so I'm waiting to completely embarrass myself in front of Jas and the others but I enjoy it so its worth it.

Not long after we get started I do exactly what I hoped I wouldn't and falloff my board crashing into the water. Damn I couldn't go a few hours without my lankiness making me do something stupid. When I resurface all I can hear is the laughter from the girls at the shore.

I accept defeat and head back to the beach, ditching my board and wetsuit to go have a swim. I hear the girls chatting behind me, loud enough for their voices to be heard but quiet enough to not be able to make out what exactly it was that they were saying. I keep walking into the cool water and it feels so good. Louis joins me and shortly after the girls reluctantly join as well making small talk and getting to know each other. We find out that the girls are gonna be going to school with us and that we're all in the same year level so hopefully we have classes together.  

After an hour of talking we start swimming and splashing around when all of a sudden I feel cold water coat my back and the back of my head, I turn around to see jasmine with a cheeky smile plastered on her face.

"OH YOUR GONNA GET IT NOW" I say as I tread through the water chasing after jasmine. I need to get her back. I finally catch up to her and return the favour but splashing her with more force so that her whole body is now soaked. I cant help but burst out in a fit of laughter. Her expression makes it just 100x funnier.

"RUEL" she shouts and now she's chasing after me.

Next thing we know I grab a hold of her arm spinning her around which sends us both landing in the fresh water. We catch our breaths and just when I think she's had enough tormenting me, she pushes me back under water.

I stand up and find her standing in front of me laughing her head off. In the heat of the moment I grab her and start tickling her which makes her laugh even more. She's got a cute laugh and hopefully i'll be hearing a lot more of it in the future.

She starts tickling me too so now we're both tickling each other and we're both in fits of laughter and next thing I know I've pulled her into a hug to stop her tickling me. She gives great hugs, better than I could've imagined. She doesn't pull away though, she relaxes into me hugging me tighter. Ive become oblivious to the world and only register where I am when I hear Louis in the background shouting and calling names and remarks at me. We both pull away embarrassed and continue splashing around with everyone else.

It's now early evening and we just finished sitting on the sand eating fish and chips for dinner and we all just sit and talk about life, exchange numbers and talk more about school and plans for the future.

When its time to go, we pack up and make our way back to the houses going our seperate ways when we get to my driveway.