s i x

I wake up the next morning to the heat of the sun radiating on my face. I attempt to bury my head further in the pillows to escape the bright sunlight before I finally decide to groggily sit up and look around and out the window to see the gardeners working outside, I reach over and grab my phone that had been charging on the nightstand I look to see a text from Charles.

From: charles leclerc: will pick you up around 11 xx

I let out a sleepy yawn before climbing out of bed and walking into the bathroom, I do my business and wash my face in the sink along with brushing my teeth before I walk into my closet and start to look for a swimsuit to wear. After looking through my drawer I manage to find a bright red bikini and decide to wear that underneath a white lace bikini cover up. I put on the bikini and tie the strings around the base of my neck. I slide the coverup over my bikini clad body. I quickly job out of the closet and check the time on phone. I realise I only have about 20 minutes before Charles shows up. I quickly brush through my hair and leave it naturally straight before I grab a beach bag along with sunscreen, a beach towel and sunglasses. I hesitate when reaching for my pistol remembering the text Charles had sent yesterday. I leave this pistol sitting on my nightstand as I slide on a pair of sandals and walk out of my bedroom and down into the kitchen. That is realistically only used by the chefs most days. I pour myself a glass of water and lean against the counter as I watch guards walk around outside and throughout the halls.

"where are you going Fran?" I hear Artem ask me as I turn around noticing him standing on the other side of the kitchen island adjust his pistol resting in his holster around his waist.

"i'm going out with Charles for the day, can you let Papa know if you see him?" I ask him as I put the glass in the sink as I start walking towards the front foyer.

"will do, have fun Francesca" Artem smiles as I give him a light wave as I hear the front door open. I walk into the foyer to find Charles closing the door behind him, standing in an unbuttoned polo shirt, showing off his incredible physique along with a pair of black swim trunks and a pair of sandals.

"Ciao Charles" I smile softly as I walk up to him and he immediately opens his arms and quickly wraps them around my waist.

"Bonjour cherié" Charles smiles in reply before pressing a kiss to my cheek. "how are you?" He asks as we continue standing in the foyer.

"i'm good, ready for a day off" I chuckle

"me too, lets go" Charles nods grabbing my hand before leading me out the door and to the black convertible sitting in our driveway.

"that's a beautiful car" I gawk as Charles leads me closer before opening the door for me.

"thank you" he smirks as I sit down in the soft leather seats before he closes the door and climbs into the drivers seat.

"so where are we going?" I ask him as he starts the car and pulls out of the driveway and start driving down the main road.

"the guard is meeting us at the marina and from there were gonna see where he takes us, he knows how to drive the boat confidently so it'll be just us" Charles explains as the wind surrounds us and I struggle to hear him, I glance over to him and see something in Charles that isn't typically displayed. He seems relaxed, happy and seems more authentic than I've ever seen him. So maybe for a moment, we don't have to be the next generation of mafia leaders. We can just be us.

——————

Charles parks the convertible in the Marina parking lot and we both climb out of the car, I wait a few moments for Charles since I do not know where we're going. He grabs my hand and laces his fingers through mine as we walk along the dock between lines of boats and yachts,