n i n e

I walk back into my bedroom after an intense gym training session as my phone starts ringing as I flop down onto the bed.

"Hello?" I answer the call slightly muffled from laying on the bed.

"Ciao mon amour" Charles chuckles "do you have people in the room with you right now or something?" I ask chuckling.

"why of course I do" he chuckles clearly attempting to appease the people in the room with him.

"what's up Charles?" I ask rolling over onto my back and staring at the ceiling.

"I'm needed in Paris for business and I figured that we could use a holiday. It'd only before the rest of the week then I figured we could spend the weekend to ourselves in France, plus it'll make me look good" Charles explains chuckling

"sounds wonderful, when are we leaving?" I ask sarcastically resulting in hearing Charles laugh on the other end of the phone

"Can I pick you up in a few hours?" Charles asks as I look at the time displayed on my watch. 11.26

"yeah sure, does 3 o'clock work?" I ask him as I stand up.

"sounds perfect a bientôt cherié" Charles says as I walk into my closet and grab a suitcase and set it down.

"a bientôt" I reply before hanging up the phone.

I quickly go through my closet and put together outfits for the next 5 days before quickly shoving them all into a small suitcase. I grab a change of clothes for myself and run into the bathroom and immediately turn on the shower. I quickly strip out of my sweaty gym wear before stepping into the shower and am surrounded by hot water that immediately relaxes my tense muscles.

Once I wash my hair and body along with shaving I quickly step out of the shower to check the clock on my wall next to the mirror 13.42 I curse under my breath as I dry myself with a towel and change into the clothes I had laid out initially. I slide on the blue slacks with ease and tuck the black t-shirt, I take a brush through my hair and attempt to straighten it out to the best of my ability without a hair straightener before I put on some light makeup and quickly put all my toiletries into my suitcase before zipping it up and setting it next to my door.

I grab a small backpack that I will most likely use as a purse if I need one, I slide my hand pistol inside along with a few sets of casing, just in case. Along with my phone charger, sunglasses, a book, and a set of bluetooth headphones. I set my backpack on top of my suitcase as I slide on a pair of sneakers and a leather jacket, as I start to reach for the door handle, my door swings open and Artem runs into the room.

"artem what the fuck?!" I ask as I stumble backwards and manage to catch myself.

"where are you going?" He asks noticing the bags next to the door.

"Paris, Charles invited me to do some business with him because according to him it'll improve his image, and I know father would agree so I just decided not to fight against it" I shrug as I sling the backpack over my shoulder as I look at my watch

"speaking of which, he's gonna be here any moment, i'll be back monday" I tell him grabbing my suitcase as I start carrying it downstairs and into the foyer as Artem follows close behind.

"you want me to come with you?" He asks following me close behind.

"i think I'll be alright, I trust him and his guards, we'll be safe I promise" I nod as I hear the front door swing open and see Charles resting sunglasses on top of his head

"Ciao Charles" Artem greets Charles formally before walking away and returns to patrolling the compound.

""Ciao Francesca, how are you?" Charles asks wrapping his arm around my shoulders and pulling me close to him.