Extra #2: A student and her teacher

{MIRA'S POV}
Despite all of my good grades, I am a really bad student. I have commented the ultimate offense: I've fallen madly in love with my teacher.

"Therefore angle X is 26° because it's corresponding angles with Y. Angle Y is supplementary angles with Z, and you were given that angle Z is 154°. Are you even listening to me, Mira?" Laxus asks, annoyed that I'm zoning out during my tutoring.

"Yeah, yeah. Ankle X is 26° because you look at the picture and it's common sense."

Laxus facepalms. "But the point of two-column proofs is proving it. You can say the correct answer all you want, but without showing your work you can only get half credit on my tests."

The truth is, I already know all of this. I was in accelerated math classes until I got Laxus as my teacher. Then I started purposely messing up so I could get closer to him.

Like I said, I'm a bad student.

"Let's try this. If angles G and H are alternate interior angles and G is 39°, what is H?"

It's 39°. But I can't say that immediately or I'll look too smart. Instead I subtract 39 from 180 and pretend to think about it.

"141°?" I guess.

"Not quite. You're putting too much thought into it." Laxus probes.

"39°?" I say hesitantly.

Laxus's eyes light up. "Yes! You're right. Because alternate interior angles are always congruent. And congruent means—"

"—two angles have equal measures." I finish.

Laxus grins at me and my heart flutters. I wish we could stay like this forever. But Laxus looks at the clock and starts packing his briefcase.

"It's getting pretty late Mira. I don't want to hold you up anymore." He dismisses me.

Please keep holding me. But I can't say that. If I pursue him, Laxus would get in serious trouble. This love of mine is forbidden.

I leave Laxus in the classroom and start to head out of the school, when my sixth sense starts tingling. There's a cannon ship nearby!

I pull out my trusty Shipping Notebook, where I faithfully transcribe the progress of all my ships, and creep forward.

It's Nalu! Ahem, I mean Natsu and Lucy. Lucy is trying to pack her backpack, but Natsu doesn't want her to leave just yet so he's poking her sides and distracting her.

Then Lucy gives Natsu a stern look and scolds him, and Natsu returns her glare with unrepentant puppy-dog eyes.

They face off for a second, then burst into mutual laughter. Lucy agrees to make Mr. Capricorn wait for a while and they leave, hand in hand.

What a beautiful Nalu moment! Squeeeeee! I'm tempted to follow them to get more material.

"Mira?" I jump at the sound of Laxus's voice. I spin and there he is, handsome as ever with his briefcase slung over his shoulder.

Business casual looks too good on Laxus. Oh, who am I kidding? Everything looks too good on Laxus. He's hot and ripped to boot. Geez, I've really fallen hard, haven't I? I'm not sure if I can continue to stop myself anymore.

"Are you leaving? I'll walk with you to your car." I offer. No! Bad Mira! You could get him fired!

Laxus doesn't say yes but he doesn't say no either. We walk in peaceful silence to his car. I focus on my feet rather than my young, hot teacher.

"Ya know, Mira, you're really making my doubt my ability to teach." Laxus admits in the parking lot, about halfway to his car.

My eyes widen and I jerk my face to stare at him. Laxus scratches the back of his head.

"You have amazing grades in every class except for mine, and you excelled in all your previous math classes as well. I can't help but think that my teaching style just doesn't suit you."

I open my mouth, but don't know what to say. 'It's not your teaching, it's you who suits me too damn well.' Mega cringe. No way.

"So I'm thinking of having you transferred out of my math class." Laxus finishes. We've reached his car. I feel like the world is falling out from beneath my feet. I bite my lip.

Screw legal.

Laxus is about to open the door so I slam my arms on either side of him, pinning Laxus against his car with my body. It doesn't work very well because he's much bigger than I am. However, in this position he'll brush against me if he moves.

Every nerve of my body is in overdrive from excitement. Laxus stares at me, open-mouthed.

"You're not allowed!" I tell him.

"What?" Laxus looks around anxiously. Nobody is around to catch us. They're all either in school still or already going home.

In other words, we're alone. "Hey, Laxus?"

"Yes Mirajane?" Laxus sounds very nervous, using my full name.

"Want to make a scandal with me?"

"Excuse me?" Laxus stiffens, and presses as close to his car as he can.

Can't stop halfway. I have to finish what I started. "I like you, Laxus. I like you a lot."

"But I'm your teacher." It sounds like an excuse to me. Laxus is bright red after my confession.

"Love isn't picky." I insist.

"You're my student. There are rules."

I tilt my head up, inviting. "Break them."

Laxus sees my intention and covers my mouth with his big hand. He pushes me away easily. "Sorry, Mira. I can't cross that line."

Laxus opens his car door. I'm frozen in place. You will not cry, Mirajane Strauss. You will not cry until  after he's gone.

Laxus pauses before getting into his car. He looks around. There's still no one near us. Before I rationalize what he's doing, Laxus leans over and pecks my cheek.

"That said, you will graduate in a few months. If you're willing to wait." He muses.

I gasp.

"But only if you pass math." Laxus winks, then hops into his car and backs out of the parking space. I stand motionless for a second, then my face breaks into a wide grin.

I practically skip off. My grades in math do a complete 180 in a matter of weeks. I just can't wait for graduation!