3

I don't have many happy memories. I was 11 when everyone else was sent away from home, and I can't remember much from before. But I remember being loved, I remember having fun, and I remember being happy. But those memories of happiness could never compare to this moment.

It's been so long since I felt such warmth-- it was almost suffocating. There was so much happiness inside me I almost didn't know what to do with it. My body decided for me as I rushed into Hiraya's arms again and started bawling.

I don't remember the last time I cried. After all, growing up in a house where my emotions either got me in trouble or were completely ignored wasn't exactly the best place to learn to express myself. But- god- I was just so overjoyed that tears escaped me before I could even try to stop them.

"Oh baby," Hiraya whispered into my ear, "I missed you Maeve." I could feel myself trembling in his arms.

"I mis-missed you to- too," I was a snivelling mess against his chest. "S-so-sorry. I'm m-making a m-mess of your shirt." He cooed and brought my face out of his chest where there was now a small wet patch.  We were so close that I felt his breath warm my face. I swear his eyes were the most beautiful thing I'd ever seen- though I will probably say that about all of my brothers.

"Don't worry babes. You can ruin anything I own, and I'd still adore you no less." He had happy tears in his eyes as he looked into mine. God- I must look like a mess.

"Yeah, you can ruin me any time you'd like lil thang~" Ali spoke up from beside Morgan. Yep- still childish.

Kane smacked his head. "Read the room idiot!"

"What are you gonna do? Spank me?" Kade looked so done with his nonsense; this seemed like a common occurrence. I chuckled with Hiraya's arms still around my middle. Kade made eye contact with me as he rolled his eyes at Ali's jokes.

"I haven't got a hug yet Maeve," his deep voice saying my name made my shiver, and I was sure Hiraya felt the tremble. 

"Hmm~ seems Maeve reall~y wants a hug," Hiraya shot a glance to Ali and smirked. I felt my face grow red as everyone looked at me. I don't know how much longer I could be under their attention without passing out.

"Don't go to Kade for your needs, Maevy-Poo. I'll give you any thing you want," Kade smacked Ali in the head again. He made his way over to me, and Hiraya unwrapped his arms from my waist. I just escaped a hug, yet Kade's thick arms wound around me. Muscles were definitely my weakness. He was taller than the rest and his chin sat right above my head. He smelled good. Gosh-- I sounded like a perv. 

"Sorry about them. They are just horny dogs." His chest rumbled against my own, and my face heated up even further.

Ali and Hiraya gasped, sounding offended. "I am no dog. Horny? yes. A dog? no." Ali sounded proud of his statement.

Morgan stared at him with bored eyes. "Well you could have fooled me." Ali shot a look at him that I couldn't understand.

"Oh yeah?" he took a step towards Morgan, "then you'd better run because this dog is gonna bite you!" Morgan jumped behind the armchair while Ali barked and tried to grab him. Kade sighed and let go of me. He walked towards Ali and grabbed him by the collar.

"Down- boy- down. I don't know if you remember but we have a guest." Morgan slumped back down on the armchair while Hiraya lead me towards the couch. "Lets be civilized and have a chat, okay?" Ali huffed and threw himself down onto the couch beside Kade.

The funny atmosphere turned serious as their eyes turned towards my figure on the couch. My sweater wasn't the reason I was sweating this time.

"So, Maeve, why are you here? Not that we don't enjoy the company; I just didn't think the old man would ever allow you to visit," Morgan questioned with a hurried tone.