[02] WARRIOR MAMA

Dedicated to I_am_Jazzy. Author of Shattered Heartstrings. You guys should definitely check it out!

𝚃𝚘𝚊𝚜𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚘𝚗𝚎𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚠𝚎 𝚕𝚘𝚜𝚝 𝚘𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚠𝚊𝚢 - 𝙼𝚎𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚜 [𝙼𝚊𝚛𝚘𝚘𝚗 5]~

~

Ene Ogenyi’s ass moved to the loud beat of Megan Thee Stallion’s Captain Hook, playing from her side of the screen. My best friend suffered chronically from obsessive compulsive twerking disorder. It was a condition that made it physically impossible for you to stay for at least thirty minutes without shaking your backside, and after knowing Ene since the very day I was born, it was only right to say that she suffered at the last stages of that disorder.

Biko, don’t blind me. We know you grew thicker.” I playfully rolled my eyes at her before returning my gaze back to the glum pot of semovita glaring at me.

[Biko: Please]

At least one of us was having fun.

“You know it, sis!” Without glancing, I knew she was hitting the woah like she did at least a hundred times a day. “Oya pick one; blue or black.” 

Holding out a finger to her, I stretched my aching body for standing too long and yawned subtle. I didn't forget to do a small peep outside the kitchen to make sure the grounds were clear of my step-mum - Ogechi - before I dumped the turning stick into the pot of Semo and hopped onto the counter top of our fully stocked gray themed kitchen. It was always kept spotless thanks to Ogechi’s almost obsessive cleaning.

After adjusting my Samsung on the cutlery cabinet, I tilted my head at the two dresses Ene held out from behind the screen and gave out a small eye roll.

“It’s my father’s promotion dinner, not his funeral. Remove the black one jare.”

Ene’s brows furrowed as she stared at her two options, then pursed her already pouty lips at me.

“Haba! And I like that one.” She whined but flung it to the large hotel bed nonetheless, and went on to try the blue. “Girl, you don’t even know how happy I am knowing that I’m finally going to be seeing you guys soon. I’ve missed you and Denola’s wahala.” A knowing smirk graced her face.

Ene was just one of those people who loved to feed off the comical mess Denola and I exuded. She had even gone on to nickname the duo as 'DENACE'. It was supposed to be ironic but honestly, the joke was lost on me. I didn’t think anyone understood how much my mind burned with spite against every fibre of his being.