[03] SPAWN FROM HELL

Dedicated to my madam ur_favouritexx 😂❤️ You guys should check out her NaNoWrimo book, Campus Demon.
And we're at 600 plus reads 😭❤️ Thank you everyone!!

𝚃𝚎𝚕𝚕 𝚖𝚎 𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗' 𝚐𝚒𝚛𝚕𝙰𝚛𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚙𝚢 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚖𝚘𝚍𝚎𝚛𝚗 𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚕𝚍?𝙾𝚛 𝚍𝚘 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚗𝚎𝚎𝚍 𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚎?𝙸𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚎𝚕𝚜𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞'𝚛𝚎 𝚜𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚌𝚑𝚒𝚗' 𝚏𝚘𝚛?- 𝚂𝙷𝙰𝙻𝙻𝙾𝚆 [𝙻𝚊𝚍𝚢 �...

𝙰𝚛𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚙𝚢 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚖𝚘𝚍𝚎𝚛𝚗 𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚕𝚍?
𝙾𝚛 𝚍𝚘 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚗𝚎𝚎𝚍 𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚎?
𝙸𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚎𝚕𝚜𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞'𝚛𝚎 𝚜𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚌𝚑𝚒𝚗' 𝚏𝚘𝚛?
- 𝚂𝙷𝙰𝙻𝙻𝙾𝚆 [𝙻𝚊𝚍𝚢 𝙶𝚊𝚐𝚊 𝚡 𝙱𝚛𝚊𝚍𝚕𝚎𝚢 𝙲𝚘𝚘𝚙𝚎𝚛]

~

As a child, while other kids had dreamt about prancing around in fancy castles or having islands of their own, I lived somewhere amongst the stars - far away from human life and out of reach from a blight reality.

I found comfort in the magic of constellations, of the milky way and galaxies that existed far beyond our imaginations. They were the purest form of existence and oh, I wished I could graze each twinkle with my fingertips or exist as one of them.

I loved it for the same reason Wendy from Peter Pan fell in love with Neverland or for all the wrong reasons an addict needed a dosage of his drugs; they both provided an escape from reality.
The same escape and comfort sought out by many unconsciously. Perhaps from reading or living among song lyrics and maybe, even drowning in meaningless conversations, alcohol or sex.

Granted, reality could be scary and sheltered deep in my heart was a part of the sky. My own wonderland, where I actually lived.

Not just existing.

Daddy handed me the golden chain necklace. His kind eyes regarded me with a certain tenderness, and a discreet smile crawled up his lips in quiet anticipation.

I gazed at the beautiful gift in my palm, but what earned my gasp was the intricate pendant. Carved out in calligraphy were the words ‘My Angel’ and ingrained within each alphabet was a small crystal star. Under the chandelier’s light, it glittered like a sun-kissed ocean lapping the sands.

It was perfect!

My heart warmed with joy, extending to a pearly grin as I jumped unto Dad for a bone crushing hug.

He stumbled back and chuckled deeply. The lines beneath his eyes creased.

“Easy,dear.You like it?”

“I love it! Thank you a million times, Daddy. You’re the best!” I gushed, holding him even tighter.

In that rare moment, he hummed and embraced me in a tender but protective manner. It spoke in more ways than one that he’d never want to lose me.