Chapter 11: Shrouded in Darkness

Tang Family Villa in Beijing.

Chu Jia and her sister Chu Li were sitting on the sofa and talking. Although it's winter now, the Villa was very warm. Chu Jia was dressed in a classic Su embroidered cheongsam, with her long, black and shiny hair curled up with a jade hairpin, and an exquisite make-up was applied on her face, she was also wearing a full set of jade jewelry that made her looked graceful and luxurious.

Because her body and skin were well maintained, she doesn't look like she was in her forties but rather in her early thirties. She was beautiful and has the charming sex appeal of a mature woman, and was in very good shape.

Chu Li was four years younger than her. Although she has tried her best to maintain her shape over the years, her figure is still severely out of shape and her skin was loose and fat. Even with nice make-up, luxurious and compelling jewelry, those things still couldn't hide how old her face looked like.

Compared to the self-confidence and poised that Chu Jia had, Chu Li had to cower and with a flattering smile on her face, she cautiously talked and fawned over Chu Jia.

Chu Jia's slender and white fingers were gently stirring the delicate silver spoon in the coffee cup while the water vapor filled her carefully trimmed and decorated nails that were as beautiful as a work of art. Chu Jia said in a faint voice: "What is wrong with that kid Ah Jun? Why hasn't he taken down that girl yet?"

Chu Li's expression changed suddenly and she opened her mouth to say, "You don't know, that damned girl has a weird temper and a gloomy personality. Who knows what she was thinking? From the way I look, she was just deliberately acting like a goblin and wanted to get my family's Ah Jun's attention! Ah Jun thought of giving her a cold shoulder first, lest she continues to be arrogant!"

"So that's the case." When Chu Jia said this, a mocking smile suddenly appeared at the corner of her mouth. "She had inherited her mother's bad temper who died an untimely death and both of them are exactly the same, always giving me trouble!"

"But you also know that those shares in her hands are very important. However, that old bastard Zhou Yaozu was holding a chicken feather as a command arrow and was always at odds with Jing Tian. I know that Ah Jun has been wronged by this matter, but you can rest assured that as long as everything was done, Jing Tian and I will definitely let Ah Jun get a benefit from this."

Chu Li smiled and agreed, her attitude was extremely humble: "It's alright, it's nothing important. How could Ah Jun feel wronged about this? We are family after all, so it is only right for Ah Jun to help you."

She said so, but she sneered in her heart: Do you really think that you could drive us out just by giving us some money? You must be dreaming! I know how valuable those shares are! When my son marries that damned girl, will I still be afraid of not having money in the future?

At this moment, Chu Jia's mobile phone suddenly rang. She picked it up and saw that it was Tang Jing Tian who was calling, thus she immediately answered and asked with a smile on her face: "Jing Tian, why did you suddenly call me?"

Tang Jing Tian sounded extremely irritated: "That damned girl sold her shares to that old bastard Zhou Yaozu! I can't get out of here, call Ah Jun and ask him to bring me that damned girl!"

After Tang Jing Tian had finished talking, he hung up the phone, obviously, he was busy over there. Chu Jia was shocked by those sudden words and her carefully painted face instantly became ashen and sinister. She put away her mobile phone and gave Chu Li a tenacious glare, she almost roared when she asked, "What was your good son doing?"

Chu Li had already noticed that something was wrong, but she didn't hear Tang Jing Tian's words, so she could only ask with worry, "Why...what happened?"

"You're still asking me? It was your good son who did a good job! That damned girl sold her shares to that old bastard Zhou Yaozu!" Chu Jia roared, but still felt angry in her heart after she finished speaking, wishing that she could pull Lan Ke out and tear her apart.

"What? How dare she?" Chu Li was shocked! Those shares were left by Lan Yi! Isn't that damned girl has always been very sentimental with the things that Lan Yi had left behind? How could she sell those shares? Furthermore, she sold it to Zhou Yaozu? Is she crazy?

Chu Jia's chest moved up and down, but her fingers quickly dialed Feng Jun's number. After ringing for a long time, Feng Jun finally answered, his voice was lazily: "Hello? Who is this?"

"Feng Jun!" Chu Jia was so angry that she didn't even want to call him "Ah Jun" and asked directly, "Where are you? Forget it, find Lan Ke and bring me that damned girl now!"

Feng Jun immediately woke up. He quickly glanced at Sun Qing Qing who was still sleeping next to him and asked in a low voice, "Auntie, what's the matter? Did that damned girl cause trouble again?"

At this moment, Sun Qing Qing suddenly opened her eyes and asked in a coquettish voice, "Ah Jun, who are you calling?"

When Chu Jia heard Sun Qing Qing's voice, her face became even more distorted and her tone turned sharp: "Hurry up and find that damned girl! I don't care what kind of method you use, I just want to see her within today!"

Feng Jun immediately felt his head ache, Lan Ke is a big living person and not a child. If she refused to go with him, should he tie her up? But when he heard Chu Jia's angry tone, he knew that Lan Ke had done a huge trouble this time, and while he was gloating at other people's misfortune, he still nodded his head and agreed.

After Feng Jun got dressed, he went to find Lan Ke at her house and in a familiar manner, he angrily knocked the door open, only to be dumbfounded: "Who are you? Where's Lan Ke?"

He had already forcibly broke in while he was speaking. The one who opened the door was a young girl who seemed to be a college student. When she saw that Feng Jun had charged in, she was frightened. She screamed and grabbed the phone to call for help in a panic.

Feng Jun made a mistake and when he learned that Lan Ki had already sold this house, his face went completely pale. He called Lan Ke more than a dozen times on his way here, but he couldn't get through; she probably changed her number. He initially thought that he could find Lan Ke here, who knew that she even sold her house!

What exactly does she want to do? Run away?

Feng Jun couldn't understand this situation, but when he sent the news back to the Tang's, there was another turmoil. Tang Jing Tian and Chu Jia originally wanted to get their hands on Lan Ke, but seeing that Lan Ke's whereabouts were unknown, they went to the police station to report her disappearance. They also went to the court to sue Zhou Yaozu, saying that he illegally forced Lan Ke to sell her equity shares and that their contract should be invalid!

Zhou Yaozu had finally managed to get the shares in Lan Ke's hands through much difficulty. Certainly, he wouldn't let Tang Jing Tian and Chu Jia succeed with their schemes. Tang Jing Tian went to the court to sue, but he countersued and filed a lawsuit against Tang Jing Tian of slander.

The result of this dog-eat-eat drama got even worse. Tang Jing Tian and Chu Jia's daughter Tang Qi, who was filming in the south and son Tang Qiong, who was studying abroad, rushed back.

Tang Jing Tian had no evidence, so he couldn't do anything against Zhou Yaozu. The whole family was so anxious that they hated Lan Ke whose whereabouts were still unknown.

Lan Ke was in a very good mood. After the Tang Family's affairs became a noise and even went on the news. She continued to collect supplies as she watched the show. Seeing that Tang Jing Tian and Zhou Yaozu paid water armies to attack each other online, she was even more happy.

A few days passed in a flash and the New Year's Day came quietly. However, in the early morning of the New Year's Day, a huge and strange black fog suddenly shrouded the whole world, and all the space stations and satellites lost contact one after another. The people on the day side of the earth quickly fell into panic, but the people on the night side were still immersed in their sleep and were having a sweet dream, completely ignorant of the situation.