01. ➪𝙛𝙪𝙘𝙠, 𝙞 𝙡𝙪𝙫 𝙢𝙮 𝙛𝙧𝙞𝙚𝙣𝙙𝙨➪

-͟-͟-͟-͟-͟-͟-͟-͟-͟-͟-͟-͟-͟-͟-͟-͟-͟-͟-͟-͟-͟-͟-͟-͟-͟-͟-͟-͟-͟-͟-͟-͟-͟-͟-͟-͟-͟-͟-͟-͟-͟-͟-͟-͟-͟-͟-͟-͟-͟-͟-͟-͟-͟-͟-͟-͟-͟-͟-͟

𝗜 have small boobs.

It is a well-known fact amongst my family and friends. And sadly the whole 8th grade class when Ginnie Lee and i got into a wrestling match on the school gym floor and she yanked my scrunched up top off of me. Purely in an act of hatred.

I honestly have no idea where my small size comes from. My mom is a massage therapist and sports double d's. Aunt Tina -who's a stripper in Chicago- is just one size above her. She makes that well-known every time she comes to visit and flaunts her assets to anyone with a pulse.

When the saying, "life isn't fair" came to be known to humankind, it was practically stamped to my chest. Not like i'd try, but i'm pretty sure i'd be able to fit in a 14x16 kid-sized bra. Fml.

I hate how influencers and models say you need to love your bodies and all that shit. It's easy to say that you love your body whatever size you are when you're getting paid to say that. My hair is fine. It curls the way it's supposed too and brushes after i've pulled extra hard on it. I have two working legs that get me places just fine. Nothing about my face makes me self-conscious (except maybe the few zits that appear due to too much ramen noodles). It's just my boobs. Their just kinda there. Not saggy. Definitely not perky. Just there.

+++

"Rowan and Wyatt are taking you home, right?" Mom asks as she pulls into a small parking space alongside the street referring to the two sources of oxygen in my life or otherwise known as my best friends. "Yes. As soon as we're done shopping." I assure her as i unbuckle my seatbelt in the passenger seat.

"Good. I have work until 7 so i wouldn't be able to get you anyways. "

"Guess it all worked out." I wave as i shut the door. "Have a good time at work!" Mom waves back and as i turn to head into the store, she calls out, "Love you, Fern!"

"You too mom."

The bell rings as i enter quite possibly the best antique store in existence. But before i can set a foot inside, a horn honks.

"Missy, you damn well better say it back." Mom drawls, sending a pointed look in my direction.

A smile flutters over my features and i turn to face the car. "I love you too mom." With a satisfied grin of her own, she puts the car in drive and takes off.

Bygones is hip enough for the lake city of Morris Indiana, yet classy to draw in just about anyone who wanders in. I inhale the new candle smell waifing through the air as i enter the store again. Coconut with a hint of lemon?

Maybelle the store owner comes down from her office upstairs. "Hello, Fern!" She greets, wrapping her flowy  green shawl around her more tightly. Although the June weather is humid outside, the air conditioning has created a bit of a polar vortex inside the store.

"Hey, May, how are you?"

"I'm great! Notice anything different about me?" She asks. Her eyes are all glittery and she raises her hand to brush a strand of red hair out of her freckled face. The natural lighting catches her hand from the French windows and it almost blinds me. "Connor proposed?!?!" I gap excitedly, my mouth swinging open.