02. ➪𝙬𝙖𝙫𝙚𝙨➪

-͟-͟-͟-͟-͟-͟-͟-͟-͟-͟-͟-͟-͟-͟-͟-͟-͟-͟-͟-͟-͟-͟-͟-͟-͟-͟-͟-͟-͟-͟-͟-͟-͟-͟-͟-͟-͟-͟-͟-͟-͟-͟-͟-͟-͟-͟-͟-͟-͟-͟-͟-͟-͟-͟-͟-͟-͟-͟-͟-͟

"𝗢h Fern, you know i would die for that bra." Aunt Tina slaps my back as i sit in acute embarrassment at the dinner table beside her.

We've been home what? Ten minutes and she's already on a roll. I tried shimmying out of her clasps when we got home but she immediately saw the bag in my hands and opened it to look inside. Privacy, who?

Aunt Tina's cheetah print shirt sits a bit too tightly on her chest. Squeezing her boobs in. Her leather leggings are much too hot to be wearing in this weather. Because it is June. The neon yellow manicured nails on her fingers tap annoyingly on the table. She's literally the definition of the crazy aunt no one wants around.

"Called it." Wyatt mouths from across the table. His eyes sparkle with mischief. I kick his shin from underneath the table as hard as i can. He winces in pain as i triumphantly return to the conversation at hand. "Thanks." I give a fake smile towards my aunt.

"And just where do you think, you'll be wearing said bra?" Mom cuts her steak with precision on her plate. Her brow raising in question. Eyes never straying from my face. I gulp nervously.

"Parties. School. Maybe she'll even get a hot dat-"

"Ok, i really didn't come out of my room to hear about my little sisters newest bra." Rowan's comment is interrupted by my brother Indigo who drops his fork in frustration. She stares at him from where she is beside him at the table. His mangy dreads stick to the sides of his face like a flytrap and a scowl covers his features. Being a senior changes people. Indigo wasn't always this moody. Once upon a time he was carefree and happy.

"How's your job going Aunt Tina?" I ask to steer the conversation away from myself. And i know she'll take the bait. Aunt Tina would never pass up an opportunity to talk about herself. Mom glowers at me. She hates hearing about Aunt Tina's less than stellar job. To be honest we all do. But it's always entertaining to hear about.

"It's going great! Business is heating up with school almost out and stuff." She leans in closer towards me and i catch a whiff of some exotic smelling perfume. "You'd make bank working at the club when your 18. I'm telling you Fern, guys love petite girls." Her weave bobs in time to her excited movements and her chest is pressed almost uncomfortably to my shoulder. "You got a nice ass that outweighs the lack of boobs. Honestly, there are small titty guys out there too. I remember this one time, this girl was up on the bar doing a dance and thanks to her extra stuffing in the backside department, she didn't break her tailbone when she slipped."

"Glad you think Fern's assets will help her in life instead of an actual education." Mom folds her big arms across her chest. "Now Tia," Aunt Tina tuts, "not everyone got straight A's like you did back in school. Some of us got by with our D's."

"Hmmph." Mom looks away. "More like giving D's" she mumbles under her breath. Aunt Tina scoots her chair away from the table. Her makeup caked face fuming. "You always were better than everyone Tia!" She demands, glitter flying off her face.

Instantly my vision starts to blur and my hearing begins to go dim. I grip my napkin willing myself to stay in the conversation but it's like my mind has flipped a switch. It's almost as if i'm underwater and i can only hear the muffled noises of those above me.

"And you thrive at knowing you are. Let's not forget the real reason your kids father isn't here anymore."

"At least i can provide for my children instead of having them shipped off to each of their baby daddy's house because i  can't seem to keep my legs closed" mom drawls. "What kid you on now, number five?"