Thor x Carol - No More - part 1

"Thor!"

A shock went through his body at the voice. He dropped the unconscious Steve he was holding by his collar to the ground, and looked around dazed.

It couldn't be.

She wasn't here. She couldn't be here.

Then his eyes locked with hers. She looked awful, she was pale, had very dark circles around her eyes, and overall looked nearly lifeless, but she was standing there, several meters away from him.

She was clutching her side where a dark blue was bleeding through the reds and blues of her suit.

She was wounded.

Thor wasn't sure if he wanted to help her, or to kill her for being so foolish. Deep down he knew he wouldn't be able to kill her directly, and he probably also couldn't leave her to die.

So they just stood there, silently begging the other to stop, to give up, to go back.

But she had chosen her side when she had broken up with him.

He took a few paces towards Carol. He never wanted things to end like this. Deep down he still deeply cared for her, and he knew she also cared for him. The others had pressured her into leaving him, it wasn't her own choice, it had never been.

She still wanted him, and he knew that. But either she joined his side, or she would suffer for making the wrong choice.

But it wasn't her fault, what if he could make her see the truth again, what if he took her with him, love her and care for her as he once had, maybe she would see reality as it was.

Pain shot through her entire body every second she was standing up right. Thor wasn't moving, and she wanted to get close to him, tell him to come back. To come home with her.

She fell down to her knees, and she could see the dilemma in his eyes. Eventually he chose to run towards her, keep her from falling down on the dirt.

Carol couldn't tell why he did it, but he hugged her, held her close, and whispered soothing things to her. Her vision started to blur and fade, and she just knew that if she passed out, the Avengers would be dead.

She had to distract Thor, or get him away from here, anything to not make him kill anyone.

She weakly clung onto him. The familiar feeling hurting her more than it should. She had missed the feeling of holding him, being held by him.

But she had done what was right. Who knows what would've happened if she had stayed with him?

Would she have turned against her friends as well?

She couldn't think about that now, as she felt light-headed. Pressing one hand against her side wasn't enough to stop the bleeding, and she knew that. Thor noticed her slipping away and gently laid her down on the dirt, her head positioned in his lap.

Carol summoned all her energy in her fist and shot at his face. Immediately after everything went black.

She couldn't remember much from the first time she woke up again. But one thing she did remember was the particular smell that clung to the room she was in. But there wasn't much time to focus on it, as her body had started hyperventilating from the shock of being somewhere unfamiliar, something she couldn't control, and someone had sedated her.

The second time she has regained consciousness, she had noticed a lady wearing black medical scrubs leaning over her. This time Carol hadn't fallen into a panic, she had simply stared at the women.

She couldn't tell where she was, but the smell was still there. Slowly but surely she started to feel the pain her body was in, which shouldn't be there.