Chapter 22

After an hour in the drive, I get hungry. Which is odd. Though I don't remember the last time I ate. Was it yesterday? Or the day before? What even is today? Monday? I think. Yes, okay. It's Monday. Cause yesterday I was sucking faces with Jacob. And I told him my story. Man! That seemed so long ago.

There was a little dinner called ' Bettys freshest' which I used to go to all the time. Betty's real name was Bethany, and she was a member of my parent's assassination business. But on one of her jobs, she was attacked and she lost her leg. From the outside, the dinner looks normal, but on the inside are some of the world's greatest assassins, gang/mafia/MC members, drug lords, street- fighters and racers, and thieves.

Everyone knows what really happens there and who goes there, but everyone is also too scared to say something.

I pull into the parking lot and get out gracefully. Scar was here, surprisingly. He saw me and came over and did the bro hand shake/hug thing. There was also James, aka Killer Jay. Mick. Joseph, aka Clubs. And Henders, aka Lucian. Their my drinking pals. We all do the bro shake thing and then sit at the picnic table outside the dinner. Betty comes out.

" Raven!? It's so good to see you again! We just got a bunch of new alcohol in. And the boys here have been wantin' to do a chugging challenge with you. Do you want to do it?" Betty asked.

" Bloody hell! Why didn't you say somethin' boys? Hell yes I do! But, after I eat." She quickly went back inside. She came back with a burger and fries and a coke.

Once I downed those, she came back 10 minutes later with three other people, all carrying trays of alcohol. From what I can see, there's tequila, whiskey, rum, vodka, and Spirytus vodka. Fuck.

She first sets up the tequila shots, then the rum, whiskey, vodka, and finally the strongest of them all, one shot of Spirytus vodka. This is going to kill me. Me and Clubs line up in front of each other as Betty counts down. As soon as she says zero, we're off.

I threw back the tequila easy, as did Clubs. Then we raced to finish the whiskey and rum. I was in the lead as we threw back the vodka. Then the Spirytus vodka. As soon as I slammed my glass down, Clubs downed his Spirytus then started coughing. His eyes started watering. I was trying to not cough or let my eyes water.

That was some strong shit. Then a smirk lit up my face as everyone cheered.

" Alright guys! I have to go." I need to go before the alcohol hits me. I said my goodbyes and hopped in my car. ( never do underage drinking and driving.)

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I made it there after two hours. I had to make a few piss stops. I can feel the alcohol effecting me. I'm just going to stay at Elijahs and wake up early to go to school.

I walked up to his door and knocked. He opened it a few minutes later. He didn't say a word as I gave him my car keys and we got in. I had my house destroyed and their ashes spread about the area. And the rose bushes.

We drove for 10 minutes to where my house use to be. The rose bushes were beautiful reds and white. I slowly got out of the car. Every time I came here, I would cry and throw up replaying what happened. Or I would sleep here the whole night. Since it's the 10th anniversary, I think I should sleep here.

Eli grabbed the trash can from the trunk as I looked at the flowers that held the ashes of my only family. He sat it down next to me and gave me a hug. I didn't return it, I was to numb, broken. He got a blanket for me and left in my car. I just stood there. Then, like a dam exploded, the tears rushed out. I fell to my knees and cry and replayed the scene over and over.

With the alcohol on top of the trauma, I puked up my guts in the bin. After nearly an hour, the tears slowed down to a stop. Then I was blank again, numb. I lad the blanket down and watched the stars. There was a shooting star, and even how dumb it is, I made a wish. I wished that something good would happen. But I'm cursed. It's useless. I didn't do anything, I just watched them be murdered.

I slowly went to sleep to the calm night and cool breeze.

I don't know how long I was asleep, but I awoke to find that I was moving. Like I was on a boat in the middle of a calm sea. The gentle waves hitting it. But that was ruined by the pounding headache. I slowly opened my eyes to find Jacob.

" Jacob?" I said groggily. He looked down at me.

" Go to sleep, my love." And I did. I fell right back to sleep snuggled up to his chest.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

This time, when I wake up, the sun was peaking out from the horizon threw a window. My pillow moved up and down and was made of hard muscles. Jacob.

Shit. Headache.

" Jacob? Why am I-?" I cut myself off with a loud groan. He moved.

" Hey, I got aspirin and some water." He said as he got up. He picked up two white pills and a glass of water. He gave them to me. I swallowed the pills and downed the water.

" Thanks." I look around. " How'd I get here?" I was in our room. His room. Not ours. Ugh.

" I, ummm. Well. Okay. Fuck. I followed you when you left yesterday. All the way to Bettys freshest or whatever and saw you with all those guys." He said angrily. " Then to that guy, Elijah, and to those rose bushes where you cried and puked."

He followed me? He saw me?! I stood up angrily. He had no right!

" You had no right to follow me!! Why did you follow me anyway, huh?!?!" I yelled.

" Because I was suspicious. You just said you had somewhere to be. So I followed you. Why were you crying to some roses anyway?"

" My mom and sisters ashes are buried with those bushes, you fucker!" I stormed out. I can't fucking believe it. I ran out of his house with him yelling behind me.

I may seem over dramatic, but if you were in my shoes, you would probably do the same. I stormed down the road. When he started to catch up, I booked it down the road. I cut in yards and jumped fences.

I managed to lose him after nearly five minutes. I was in an unknown location. I decided to call Eli.

" Hey, Eli. Get on the tracker that you have on my phone and tell me where I'm at." - R

" Ummm. Alright? What happened? I went back there and you were gone. I also have your car." - E

" You know Jacob, the kid that helped you? Well, he followed me and saw everything. When I fell asleep, he took me back to his place." - R

" Oh. I have your location. You're three blocks from your friends house, Zoey." - E

" Thanks. Bye." - R

I hung up.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Just something short, hope you enjoy!

My instagram: @aeriswarbritton