decisions decisions, NOT

Peter sat in class, halfway paying attention as Mr. Otterman went over quadratic equations for what felt like the hundredth time. More like four times, but that's still way too many times.

a, b, c all known numbers known, thrown into the equation, shaken not stirred the PEMDAS way, to find the magical x, the unknown number.

Normally he would be more interactive, or at least more attentive, but hey, being a superhero made him stay up last night. He was a tired spider when he missed his bedtime of 2:30 am, 3:00 if he was generous. He was as rotten as a mobster getting to bed at the ungodly hour of 4:30.

Peter thought back to his full night, at least seven muggings stopped in thirty minutes alone, not counting any other crimes he came across. Like the small house fire, Spider-Man got everyone out before the fire got too bad. It was put out relatively quick with minor damages according to the papers, but Peter knew he would swing by just to make sure.

Getting lost in these thoughts he didn't notice the review was coming to an early end. That was odd, Mr. Otterman favored working just to the bell. The projector was powered off, causing confusion among the students as they looked to the teacher to see what was going on.

"Hopefully your science teachers have informed you of the recent contest," Mr. Otterman began, some of the students laughing at his slide at the science department. They were known to be quite... forgetful when it came to important announcements. The fire drill fiasco not even a month ago as a prime example (they took safety very seriously in classes, but things outside of class fell wayside).

"But continuing, there is a contest coming up for different interning opportunities for big-name businesses. You may recognize a few such as Coolie Inc., Martha's Machine Workshops, Oscorp, and Stark Industry,"

Eyes almost popped out of heads at the last name. Stark Industry, the idea of just getting into the building was a dream come true for some. Peter being one of them. Yeah, the others were cool and whatnot, but Stark Industry.

Mr. Otterman had a proud look about him as if he knew something special (reminding Peter of a picture of a cat he had seen), and the class was on the edge of their seats to know what it was.

"And unlike previous years, where parties must be eighteen at the time of entering, the age limit has been dropped."

"How do you know that?" A kid on the left side of the class next to the window asked, he had large glasses. This wasn't important, but the glare almost knocked peter over ( Was this an amine or something?).

"I have a friend who works in one of these companies. I will not say witch-" "IS IT STARK?!" " but I will be keeping close tabs on the competition,"

The bell blared, startling the student and filling them with disappointment where joy usually sat. The students throwing their belongings into their bags and rushing into their groups.

Peter was no different as he threw an arm around his shorter friend with a huge boyish grin, his warm brown eyes alight with excitement. "You will never guess!"

"No Peter, I have bigger news! You'll never guess!" Ned seemed to be adamant, but Peter knew these internships had no way to be topped.

Both boys seemed to share the idea that the other didn't understand how epic their news was, so they both decided to say their news at the same time.

"Ned! There's an internship!"
"Peter! Stark internship!"

Their eyes light up as they both realized they had the same news. Peter and Ned then babbled excitedly to each other as they walked down the crowded halls. What should we-? Do you think I should add-? Absolutely, in fact-! Would it be extra to-? What? No! In fact, you should-?

Sadly, the two had to split up. Ned to his English class and Peter to his study hall. Waving in goodbye to his friend Peter slunk into the library. His excitement was damper by being separated from his friend. Placing his bag next to him as he slumped unto his chair.

He looked out the window. Seeing a beautiful tree peeking out behind the wall that took up 90% of the window. He liked to call it his Spider-Man window, as he could easily use this as a way for a quick spider get away. No cameras, no foot traffic, nothing but a fellow spider as far as the eye could see. But he hadn't had a reason to use it yet, as Spider-Man has never been direly needed during school hours.

But that was beside the point. Fishing out his phone he sent a text.

~sTudEnt dEbT~

Kid
Guess what!

-                 -

A/N so yeah here's a chapter. Cool cool epic.

So, no worries! I'm actually going to finish the black widow encounter... it just gonna take a bit longer
:(
But it should be the next update
:)
Have a great day!
<3