Gamma Sr. & Gamma Jr.

Peter sat on his bed surrounded by different papers with ideas scribbled all over, books opened and passages highlighted. As well as his awful laptop, one that worked only half of the time, but he loved it to death.

He let out a frustrated breath as he flipped through different papers. The ideas seemed to be bleeding together, and at this point, they all seemed... bland. Something everyone else would put.

Fantastic grades! Built a robot! I love science! Love coding! Ranked in the top five in the state for mathematics! So many other achievements he thought he should add

~sTudEnt dEbT~

Kid
Hey doctor, should I add gamma radiation to my application??

Dr
What?

Kid
Should I? Or should I tune it down?

Dr
Do you... understand?

Kid
Obviously, I mean I'm no banner, but I've read enough of his work to have a pretty basic understanding

Dr
How, aren't you 8?

Kid
No!! >:(
I'm 11 so STFU

Dr
Did you just abbreviate a curse word :o

Kid
No!
Shut the fluffy unicorn

Dr
No that's not... i-
Neway
Gamma radiation. H O W

kid
I read dr banners book, duh, this is his work, I actually named dropped him not a minute ago

Dr
Which one?

Kid
2HAT
HE JAS MORE TBAT ONE?????

~sTudEnt dEbT~

Brown eyes read over the massage again and again. Taking in the words like a sponge that had for years been deprived of water.

"Whacha doing bruce?"

Brown eyes flashed green as said man's heart jumped. His thumb instinctually clicking the phone off, the glowing screen going dark. His thumb sliding the phone onto did not disturb, knowing the kid would blow up his phone till he answered or found the book.

But that would be a few minutes, thanks to Tony finding his current actions interesting.

"Nothing that important, why? Is there a meeting?" He said in a way to subldingly curve the conversation away from his phone.

"No. I just noticed you looking at your phone, and- hey you ok there?" Tony's tone took on a more concerned one as he saw his friend's eyes were not only greener than normal but were also growing red.

"What- no I- yeah-" Bruce took a moment and took a breath before continuing, "I'm fine I was just reminded of my past before it all turned into a green hell,"

Despite his words, he showed more outwards signs of distress. His hue hinted to green for those familiar and his eyes began to burn. His phone, the offender that caused these emotions, was slipped out of his hand and onto the desk with a small clatter. Tony laid a comforting hand on his shoulder.

The phone was made to last the strength of the hulk without budging, so dropping it onto the table was of so little concern. But that was the hope, and the custom phone was not one easily replaced.

"Want to talk about it?" Tony offered. Everyone on the team had been through their own hells, and it was not uncommon for avengers as close as Bruce and Tony, to help each other through difficult times.

"Someone was talking about me. Not the other guy, me. Dr. Banner. With years of research before the other guy. They had read my book Tony, then when blystic when they hadn't heard of my second book. Tony, he didn't say a single thing about the hulk, just me, just Dr. Banner, the man, the scientist."

How long had it been since he had been appreciated for himself and his work and not the mindless anger of his other half?

Tony sat with him a moment before he was called out. Giving his friend a look before he left, getting a small smile in return.

Bruce turned his phone back on to a kid blowing it up with questions on Bruce Banners' latest book. Questions that then evolved into excited spaming.