Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven

🔆The Next Day🔅

"You look like you had the best night ever. What happened after we left?" Vanessa said when Kiahah walked in smiling from ear to ear.

"He made me dinner. Then we had mind-blowing sex. He's amazing," Kiahah said dreamily.

"You mean when he's not treating you like second best right. Your brother was pretty mad last night after you defended DeShawn. He says you should have defended him no doubt," Vanessa said trying to make Kiahah see that she was wrong for her behavior last night.

"No, Shawn did nothing wrong. It's not like he hits me. Next time you wanna tell my brother about me and he wants to play 'Big Brother' please make sure he doesn't forget that he wasn't always there," Kiahah says in anger. "I'm happy right now. I know it's not gonna last but at least I know that Shawn is there for right now. It's not like I'm imagining happily ever afters with him. He has Tallah and he's gonna be happy with her. How about you and my brother work on your relationship," Kiahah says almost yelling then she went to her office and slammed the door.

Vanessa stood there shocked. She has never in her life seen Kiahah so angry. It wasn't her brother's fault that she makes bad decisions. Vanessa told her boss that she wasn't feeling well so she was going home. Then she called Justin. He came and got her.

"What wrong baby," Justin asked her.

"Kiahah yelled at me and told me to tell you to stop trying to play big brother when you know you weren't always there," Vanessa said bursting into tears, "she's still broken Jay. She's looking for someone to care about her and the only person giving her that care is DeShawn. I'm supposed to be her best friend a-a-and I-," her voice broke Justin just held her rubbing her back.

"It's okay baby, don't cry. I should have been there or at least noticed that something was wrong but I can't change the past," he replied feeling a little guilty.

💫Back at the DA💥

Kiahah went to Vanessa's office to apologize but she wasn't there. She tried to call her but she wasn't answering. Her phone rang. She answered it quick thinking that it was Vanessa

"Hey, Nessa I'm sorry,"

"Sorry, it's Shawn," he said as Kiahah's heart began to race.

"Shawnie. I'm ruining myself for you. I can't do this. Go marry Tallah. I want you happy. And you've made it pretty clear that I'm not the girl that gonna make you happy," Kiahah said.

"Whatchu mean bae,"

"I flashed out on my best friend because she said something about you. My perfect morning was ruined in ten minutes. When you leave me I won't have anyone because I damage all of my relationships for you,"

"Ki Ki calm down. Friends fight then they make up. Okay,"

"Okay, Shawn I love you so much it hurts me to think about you marrying Tallah but I know that that's inevitable. Do you understand?"

"Yeah baby. So this is goodbye?"

"Yeah Shawn this is goodbye. I love you but I have to protect myself,"

"Okay Ki Ki," then the line went dead. Kiahah went back to her office and sorted through the papers about the homicide. They have a man in custody but Kiahah has a slick feeling that he was framed. Kiahah examined the DNA samples found at the scene. She looks at the image of a girl, the victim, strangled lying in her blood. This is what made Kiahah sick. All she wants is to find justice and closure for her family. Something catches her attention. It's a few pieces of hair near the fence in the alleyway tangled in the fence. It was proven that the girl did struggle. Maybe this will lead her to her hard evidence for her case. She walked into her boss's office.