Chapter 47 - Cop a feel

We quickly make our way to what would have been the front of the building. There was debris everywhere and a lot of policemen were injured out the front.

"Right Chargebolt, you and Aqua help the injured police officers. I'll see if there's anyone left inside." I said rushing into the reminisce of the half collapsed building.

The dust was so thick it was hard to see through. I covered my mouth with my hand and created an electric blade with the other to help create sone light.

I had managed to help a few people out of the building and spot just one more under some rubble.

"Hey, your going to be okay." I said lifting the piece off the persons leg. I was constantly focusing on the building as it was still slowly collapsing more. I lean down to pick the mans body up.

"That's the good thing about you hero's." I hear the man softly say catching me off guard. "You're always saving people no matter who they are.

Huh? What a weird thing to say I think before I suddenly feel the man push my head into his knee. He then kicked me in the chest and I fell across into what was left of the wall behind me.

I hit the wall with a grunt and started to cough into my hand from the kick and the dust. I notice a something slightly red in my hand.

Did I just cough up blood? That can't be good.

I look up and see the man running to the back of the building. I quickly follow when I see a single red feather pass me and fly into the man pinning him to the ground out of the way of the collapsing building.

"I had this under control." I said as I continued to cough into my hand.

"I know," Hawks said quickly picking me up and taking me out of the building. "But I did also see you just got knocked around by the guy just now. You okay?"he said placing me back down.

"Yeah, I probably should have been more careful and realised he was the bad guy." I said rubbing my eyes to try and get rid of the dust.

"Should we go back to the doctor to get you checked out?" He asked concerned.

"No no no, I'm fine. Trust me." I said with a smile.

After that incident the weeks seemed to fly by. While I was out doing hero work Hawks seemed to be right around the corner keeping an eye on me.

Our shifts at the league were bearable as the main league members seemed to be away or busy when our shifts were on. Not that I was complaining.

——————————————————————————

6 weeks had passed since telling Dani I was pregnant. I was about 19 weeks now and you could just start to see a small bump in my tummy. In that time I had moved into Hawks place.

"Oh no," I said looking on the mirror with my hero costume on.

"What's wrong babe." Hawks said floating in to see what was wrong.

"Look." I said pointing down at my stomach.

"Aww, what a cute little bump." Hawks said placing his arms around me so that his hands landed on my stomach. "Our little mans in there. Wait don't we have another scan soon?" He cheerfully asked.

"No not awww cute, more like someone's gonna take a photo if they haven't already. What am I supposed to say? Oh no I'm not pregnant, just had too much to eat." I said resting my head back into hawks chest.

He let out a little chuckle. "Why don't you start wearing your jacket if your worried. I mean I still think you look hot but what do I know." He said planting a kiss on the top of my head.