Chapter Five: A Heart Of Gold

(Shiukori's P.O.V.)

"Inuyasha?" I asked

"What?" He asked me.

"I'm sorry." I apologized. "I haven't been a very good sister. Especially since I'm tour aunt and I disappeared for 70 years just roaming around trying to find out who I am. But I know now, I'm one badass aunt\sister."

"Well I think it's fair but to say that you don't have quite a heart of gold, but you're a good sister. I mean it." He said.

"Really? I tried to kill the woman you love." I said not really helping my case.

"Really,"

Intermission, please take a short break while we get the next section ready

(Kagome's P.O.V.)

I was starting to wake up when I heard Inuyasha and Shiukori talking.

Here we go again. I thought. Only this time it was different, they weren't fighting. They were just talking. I kept my eyes closed so that they thought I was still asleep but Shiukori must've known because she asked Inuyasha this while looking at me,

"Is it true you love Kagome?" She asked immaturely.

Inuyasha only growled and said, "I already told you a few days ago, I do. And I distinctly remember asking you to stop ticking me off."

"Sorry, just wanted to be sure." She apologized.

Inuyasha bent over and stared straight at me. I was nervous he might of known that I was awake. He must've not because he picked me up and held me in his arms.

"Is this what you do every night?" Shiukori asked.

"Yeah," he answered.

I was shocked. I always woke up in the same place and never felt any different. I decided just to enjoy it because I would probably never be awake for it again.

I held my eyes closed for as long as I could before I had to open them. I tried to make it look like I was waking up but Shiukori knew I was awake all along.

Inuyasha quickly put me down and tried to act like he was asleep the whole time.

"He's not sleeping. When he is, you know, trust me." Shiukori informed me.

"What time is it?" I asked.

"11:23." She answered.

I thought is was late and decided to go back to sleep. I would wake up the next morning and have my own surprise.

Intermission, please have a short break while we get the next section ready.

(Inuyasha's P.O.V.)

"Hey! Where are you going?" My aunt who I think of as a sister asked me.

"I just need to do something for a little bit. I need to get out," I told her.

I decided I had to leave a note, if I was going to leave.

Dear, Kagome and Shiukori

I'm sorry that this is so sudden. But I have to leave. With Shiukori here it brings too many bad memories. Please don't try and follow me. I'm going to a place where any mortal would not survive. If you do try to follow me and you get hurt I could never forgive myself. Kagome please tell Shiukori not to come. Even though she is a full fledged demon, she will get badly hurt I know this. Shiukori please stop Kagome from coming. I know she will try and if she got hurt, she would not survive.

Inuyasha

(Kagome's P.O.V.)

I woke up to my surprise to see Shiukori with tears rolling down her face.

"Shiukori! What's wrong?!" I asked

"Inuyasha,"

"What is it!?"

"He- he's gone. I lost him. Again," She said through her tears. She handed me the note. And I read it. Tears filled my eyes when I realized I could only imagine what Shiukori was going through.

"Where is it?" I demanded to know.

"W-what?" She asked very confused.

"Where did he go?"

"Kagome he told us not to-"

"I don't care what he told us! He can't just up and leave for no reason and break all our hearts!"

"Huh, you- you love him. Don't you?" At the sound of this question my eyes were overcome by the tears that filled them.

"Where did he go?"

"It's a place called the canyon of fear. If you're going, then I'll come with you, to protect you."

"Let's go."

And with that we made off on our journey.