Chapter 2

Rebekah, come down here." Esther called in her 'do what I'm saying or you'll regret it' tone, forcing a smile on her face that was far sweeter than she was while her icy blue eyes locked on Rebekah, making a chill run down the girls spine.

Rebekah exchanged a look with Caroline and the pair moved slowly down the stairs in sync, Caroline heading into the living room where Rebekah's brothers were staring at the scene while Rebekah stopped short in front of Elena, scowling as she swept her eyes up and down the girl before turning to her father, "This is a joke, right? I've nearly been kidnapped four times, and this is what you hire to keep me safe?"

"Now Rebekah-." Mikael started, not used to his daughter ever questioning or talking back to him.

"No!" Rebekah interrupted, her face turning red with anger, "men grabbed me and tried to take me, and you hire this to protect me? What is she going to do if men grab at me again? She'll just end up getting taken; this is a joke." She seethed.

Elena cleared her throat, Rebekah's angry blue eyes swung to her, "Seeing as they were incompetent enough to have not successfully taken you I doubt they'll even try if there is a second person around."

"There's no guaranteeing that." Rebekah hissed, turning back to her father, "next time you hire someone to save me don't call my ex!" Rebekah yelled, her father's face turned red as Rebekah stormed into the living room.

"What is it about me that has you in such a snit?" Elena asked, spinning slowly so her eyes followed Rebekah's path.

"If I get nearly kidnapped again it'd be more useful to have Kol following me around all the time." She gestured toward her brother who was sprawled out in the arm chair in a pair of grey sweat pants and wrinkled t-shirt, his hair sticking up in random directions while his brown eyes stared lifelessly at the TV screen.

"Please, I could kick his ass. He'd be useless in protecting you." Elena declared, "he'd overreact. And I doubt he could take on a full grown man in a fight. Kidnapping is not like boxing."

Kol's attention was drawn to Elena when she mentioned boxing, "Do you honestly think you could take me?"

"I wouldn't even break a sweat." Elena laughed at a joke nobody else in the room seemed to understand while Kol's chest puffed up and his cheeks turned red from a mix of anger and embarrassment, Elena arched an eyebrow in challenge.

"I wouldn't want to hurt you." Kol huffed, turning away, crossing his arms over his chest.

"You couldn't even come close." Elena replied easily her eyes moving back toward Rebekah's father, "Anyways, I've already gone by the campus and done my research there, and the house is pretty safe, so I'd like a list of the other places she was almost kidnapped so I can look at them and figure out what their minimal thought process was in trying to nab her there."

"Of course, Rebekah can you write that list up?" Mikael asked his face no longer red., Rebekah nodded mutely while anger burned in Nik's eyes, Elena noticed this and eyed him curiously, noting that he was very protective of his sister.

"She was attacked twice outside the school, once outside the Grill, and another time outside of a club a town over called Tempest." Niklaus told Elena, his angry stare locked on his father. Elena typed this into her phone and nodded her head slowly.

"Thanks, do you go by Nik or Klaus?" she asked, without looking up.

"Klaus." He muttered.

Elena nodded and glanced toward Elijah, "Full name or a nickname?" she asked.

"Why do you want to know?" Kol asked.

"Because if I'm posing as a friend it would be strange for me to be calling you by your full names if you go by something else, wouldn't it?" Elena's tone made Elijah crack a smile; she talked to Kol in the way someone would talk to a child.