1978-1984

October 31st, 1978

Being a baby is soooo damn boring, even though I've been reborn in my seventh favorite supernatural/fantasy series. At almost three weeks old, I've managed to gain some muscle control over my head, arms, and legs. My vision focus/concentration has improved back to my adult standards. They might even be improved since it seems like my eyesight is better and it appears I don't have astigmatism anymore. 

However, I have no control over my vocal cords or bladder and that's fair-this is a body of a baby after all. The nurse's reaction to me breastfeeding from my new mother for the first time was amusing. Apparently, babies usually aren't so gentle with nipples. But, hey I remember how sensitive those motherfuckers can be. I don't want to hurt the poor woman by being an inconsiderate eater and I refuse to drink formula that was made in the late 1970's. After all, I can't remember exactly but back in the early 2000's there was a formula company that had harmful chemicals in it. Which sadly killed a bunch of innocent babies. Better safe then sorry. My new parents, Colin and Ailsa McCullough-McInnis are bewildered but thankful that I only cry when hungry or have a dirty diaper. Today, they have me dressed as a pumpkin and funnily enough that was my first Halloween costume in my old life as well....I can't wait until I have my privacy again. Madi, the adorable pumpkin thought to herself grumpily.

November 23rd, 1978

At six weeks old, I have mastered rolling over during tummy time. I have had some improvement with my vocal cords; I can now coo, grunt, and gurgle. I had my first smile when I heard Double Vision by Foreigner playing while they prepared Thanksgiving dinner and the new parents got a kick out of that since I was also bobbing my head to the music, Madi remembered proud of herself for making their day. Foreigner was one of her original parents favorite bands, so hearing their music again made her feel closer to them.

"It's official, Ailsa....we have the coolest baby." Her ginger dad declared proudly, before picking her up and dancing while holding her. 

This caused a giggle to escape Madi's mouth. After all, he danced like a geeky white dude.

Her parents froze before getting very excited, which was understandable it was their daughter's first laugh.

"Oh my god, Colin. What band is this? This needs to go in the baby book!" Her brunette mom yelled happily freaking out over this momentous occasion. They were so excited they didn't notice their infant daughter roll her eyes like a teenager.

Yeah, yeah....good for you...at least someone is having a good day....I miss apple pie...actually I miss the Thanksgiving foods that were traditional in my old family....fuck, I need to grow some teeth. Madi once again cursed her baby body.

December 25, 1978

Madi could now do baby pushups during tummy time, sit unassisted on the couch or in a chair, and babble nonsense words. She was a hit with her extended family during the Christmas celebrations, they were all impressed with her advanced development.

"She's powerful, Colin." A beautiful light-skinned Black woman in her early twenties said meaningfully in a southern accent, towards her dad. 

Huh, she kinda looks like the actress that played Black Canary in the Harley Quinn & Birds of Prey movie.

He smiled mysteriously at that, "I know I feel it too. Thanks again for coming, Sheila. I appreciate you letting Abby meet her little sister, it means a lot to me if my daughters grow up knowing each other. I know how you feel about my father and I apologize in advance for anything he says about you. I would offer to defend you to him, but I know you are good at doing that yourself." Colin said, giving his ex-girlfriend a charming smile.