1985-1990

September 9th-13th, 1985

To recap the year that Madi was being "homeschooled" she pretty much was being "watched" by a nanny, who had the easiest job in the world considering her charge was mentally thirty-fours old. The first year of her second mother's death, Madi was able to guilt her new father in hiring various tutors and letting her join extracurriculars. After all, it's the least he can do since he forgot to enroll her in school.

In her first life as Erica Elizabeth she had been a double major in English with an emphasis in Language and Rhetoric and Secondary Education. When she died, she was in the middle of her first year of Law School. As far as interesting skills Erica Elizabeth knew Spanish, ASL, and Braille. However, as far as anyone knows Madi while exceptionally bright, doesn't have any of those skills. That's where the private tutors come in to explain at least of the knowledge she has. No one knows how where she learned how to read and etc. It doesn't matter if she's Erica Elizabeth or Madi, her passion for learning knows no bounds.

Slater has the right idea about how to use your immortality to learn as much as you can, he's a total Ravenclaw like me. Madi thought to herself randomly.

Therefore, she spent her year off learning languages like: Spanish, ASL, Braille (even though that technically isn't a language), French, Latin, German, Bulgarian, Italian, and Gaelic. She plans to learn more languages over the years to keep her from dying of boredom while she repeats her school years again. Madi also plans to travel the world before 2020 in case Covid happens in this universe, and she has always been one of those people who thinks it is rude to assume everyone should speak English when traveling.

The Cullen's were insane to willingly repeat public school over and over. Madi thought internally criticizing the Twilight characters again.

Madi used her free year to brush up on the physical sciences: Physics, Astronomy and Chemistry. Mostly, because she was always better at earth and life sciences. If Madi wants people to buy the genius child excuse rather then guess that she is a reincarnated soul, then she needs to work on her weak areas. 

Unfortunately, that includes a lot of math...Algebra, Calculus, and Trigonometry. Erica Elizabeth was good at Geometry and Statistics so thankfully the reborn soul doesn't have to worry about those subjects. Madi just focused on Algebra during her free year, she can save the other two math subjects for when she finally masters Algebra.

Thankfully, when it comes to social sciences the only knowledge she lacks is Economics, Political Science, Anthropology, and Archaeology. In high school and college, Erica Elizabeth excelled at: History, Geography, Psychology, Sociology, Linguistics, and Law. However, Madi did have to brush up on Mystic Falls History since in her old world it was a fictional town.

Madi didn't worry about any part of Language Arts given that she was an English major in her past life.

For extracurriculars, Madi talked her dad Colin into enrolling her in Martial Arts (this is a dangerous universe after all), fencing lessons, chess lessons, tennis lessons, music lessons (guitar, piano, and voice), art lessons, and dance lessons. Most of those, is so she's well rounded enough to get into an Ivy League School.

Hey, if I have to do college again, you bet your ass I am going Ivy!

Madi also had her dad enroll her in Girl Scouts, a Swim Team, Gymnastics, and Softball for socialization purposes.

Weirdly, enough no young versions of characters are my teammates, Madi thought sadly.

However, on her first day of Kindergarten a bubbly blonde five year old with hazel eyes was headed Madi's way. The little blonde girl was dragging two boys with her, one had brown hair with bright blue eyes and the other was a blonde boy also with pretty blue eyes. The boys looked shyly at Madi, they looked embarrassed by their friend's actions but not entirely against it.