Chapter V: 188

"There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met

"There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met." -Jim Henson

~
"Let's sleep."
~

Eden's POV:

I can't sleep.

After leaving the hospital, I got into a car with Morgan, Reid, and JJ, and drove to the hotel. It was already 12:00 am and all I wanted to do was fall on a mattress and die. The ride home was quiet at least from my perspective. Every now and then, the three would start a conversation that would end quickly after.

This case was a bitch. I ended up having an emotional connection with a victim's family member. A child. How could I not have? I was in similar shoes at her age. She needed to hear something that would help her through this grief and I knew what to say.

The lampposts were each brightening the dark avenues, with every now and then a light flickering or being off. I'd see people walking alone at night. Which seems as though people want to die.

Eh can't blame them.

When there are people like Robert out there who wouldn't.

I'd see couples laughing side by side, children holding hands with their parents as they skip by their sides, and occasionally a woman walking alone with her keys in between her fingers or pepper spray with a finger ready to push. This world really does blow. I know at least America does.

JJ lightly tapped my knee to snap me out of my daze, to signal the hotel. I smiled at her before stepping out of the car and entering the lobby with the others.

"We each have our own rooms, get some sleep, meet at the jet at 8:00 am, we'll head back to the office, and continue our job per usual, " Hotch notifies the team.

We all nod before getting our keys and entering the elevator. With the elevator stopping a few times before finally getting to my floor, which also happens to be Emily's and Rossi's.

"Good night you guys, " Emily says before entering her room.

"Good night Carissima, " Rossi says to me.

I chuckled, "Buona notte, Rossi."

"tu parli Italiano?" (you speak Italian?)

" I miei nonni lo parlavano spesso e ho imparato un po '."  (My grandparents spoke it often and I learned some.)

Rossi nodded before waving goodbye as he's entering his room. Entering my room after having a fight with the door lock, I stripped down to my underwear and collapsed on the bed.

30 minutes go by and although I'm tired as hell, I can't seem to get any sleep. Every time I close my eyes I see those dark eyes. They might strive to express innocence but they couldn't be eviler. I then see Jascenia's body lying on the floor, with my mind picturing Willow in the exact same position next to her.