Chapter XVI: Platonic Soulmates

TW: Police Brutality, Murder, Rape, Death

True friends are always together in spirit

L.M. Montgomery

~
"Andy got shot."
~

Three words.

Three words are all it took for Eden to fall apart. For her entire world to feel as though it came crashing before her. Those three words broke Eden.

The saddest thing about it, however, is how a crack was already built before the dam burst free.

Eden drops to the ground in shock, trying to process everything. Spencer notices her change and catches her as she breaks, as he tries to rebuild the broken dam. He grabs her phone,

"Hi, I'm Dr. Spencer Reid, I- I'm Eden's colleague, ca- she can't come to the phone, what happened?"

"Oh- uh, I'm Anna, I- I'm a friend of Andy's, h-he was shot, " Anna cried out.

"Oh, oh my God. Is he okay? What happened? Why?-" Spencer scrambles as he tries to hold Eden. Eden hugs Spencer tightly, holding him as if he was a raft keeping her afloat.

"C-can you just- can you get Eden back home? I- I need her, we need her."

"Yeah, uh- were currently in Utah, it might take a couple of hours, " Spencer rambles.

"Uh- yeah, okay- Just- get her here, please."

"I will, I have to go."

"ok, bye."

Spencer hangs up the call and holds Eden as she cries, as she breaks. A few minutes pass by before a knock is heard at the door,

"Hey lovebirds, we have a plane to catch, " Morgan says from the other side.

"Can you just come in? Do you have a key?" Spencer asks not letting go of Eden.

"Uh, yeah, Let me ask Hotch."

A few seconds pass before the door opens and Morgan rushes to see a crying Eden on the floor.

"What happened?" Morgan asks urgently.

"Right now, that doesn't matter. Help me get her to the jet and I'll grab our bags, " Spencer asserts.

Morgan grabs Eden from Spencer's arms and carries her bridal style as Spencer quickly packs their bags and leave. They all go outside, seeing the girls chatting and leaning against the car before noticing them.

"Oh my God, Eden-" JJ mutters, hurrying quickly towards Morgan, Emily right behind her.

"Oh, honey, " Emily says as Morgan lets her stand before she collapses in JJ's arms, letting out a vast cry.