Chapter 7: Long Time no See (Part 2)

Felicine

Nakatayo ako katabi ni Eudayme, medyo nagulat nang malaman kong magkaribal pala silang dalawa. 

Nakatingin kaming dalawa ni Eudayme kay Cali na kausap si inspector, bigla naman siyang tumingin sa direksiyon namin na parang sinasabi na pumunta kami doon. Lumapit kami ni Eudayme kay Cali.

"Eudy? Ikaw ba iyan, hijo?" Tanong ni Inspector Madrigal nang makalapit kami sa kanya.

"Yes Inspector, Long time no see." he said then waved his hands.

"Bakit ka na andito?" Tanong ni inspector.

"Hehe~ nagpapart-time po ako dito inspector." sagot niya na medyo nahihiya pa.

"Minds on the case in hand, everyone." Sabi ni Cali sa dalawang nag-uusap. 

"Right." Sagot naman ni inspector. "The victim's name is Luisa Bautista, 34 years of age, a SPA owner. Cause of death: poisoned by cyanide. She's having a tea party with her college friends. The forensics found out that they ordered different teas for themselves. She ordered Hibiscus tea with a lemon slice for herself."

"How unfortunate for her, she wanted me to solve her blackmailing case but she met her end already before giving me the details." Cali said aloud while looking sideways at the group of the deceased.

A question in my mind then popped. I tapped Cali in his shoulder and whispered in his left ear.

"How did you found out that she was poisoned by cyanide?" I whispered to him.

"While I was checking her pulse, my nose caught a faint smell of bitter almond scent that came from her mouth." he answered without whispering back. After answering me, he turned his head to the inspector.

"Inspector, let's head to the group of the deceased and question them, they are our primary suspects because no one other than them had contact with the victim." Cali said to the inspector that he agreed immediately.

"We'll question you one by one." Sabi ni inspector sa tatlo at sabay tingin sa lalaking tahimik, matangkad, halata na nagpupuyat siya dahil sa kulay itim na makikita sa ilalim ng kanyang mata. "Starting from you." tumango lamang ang lalaking itinuro ni inspector bilang sagot.

Naglakad naman sila inspector kasama ang lalaking itinuro niya papunta sa isang table na medyo malayo sa pinangyarihan upang hindi marinig ng iba kung ano ang pinag-uusapan nila. Sumunod naman kami nila Cali at Eudayme kay inspector upang marinig ang mga sagot ng lalaki. 

"Your name is Angelo Reposa, age 34 and working as a business man, right?" tanong ni inspector na ikinatango lamang ni Angelo. "Saan ka nakaupo at anong tea ang inorder mo?"

"I was sitting across Luisa and I ordered chamomile tea." sagot niya.

"Do you hate her?" tanong ni Eudayme. "Don't lie."

"Yes! She's the reason kung bakit hindi ako nakapag-attend ng negotiation about sa business deal! That was my chance to prove to my boss that I deserve to be promoted! pero nilagyan niya pala ng sleeping pills ang favorite ice coffee ko!" he raised his voice a bit and sighed. "But I didn't kill her, maybe Sheena did it because Luisa stole her boyfriend when we were in college." he said calmly.

Inspector called next the girl Angelo mentioned, Sheena.

"You're Sheena Mapas, age 33, an owner of a well-known salon and you ordered Oolong tea. We found out that Luisa stole your boyfriend when you were in college, is that true?" inspector said asking for confirmation.

"Yes, she did stole my boyfriend but I didn't poisoned her! Maybe Freddy her ex-boyfriend is the one who poisoned her because she cheated on him." Sheena said while looking at the man sitting a table apart where the poisoning happened.