Chapter 1/Intro

My name is Madeline Aldaine, but people call me Maggie, and my best friend in the world calls me Mags. I'm 15 and I love to camp. I've always been over-imaginative if that's a word. I was very quiet at times but then I would change to crazy and mom told me that people kept on asking if I had mental issues, but she always god mad and told them no having to restrain herself from slapping them across the face. I live in Hawaii in East Honolulu but I'm from Wales, with an American accent. I have a younger brother, called Brynn whos 8 and we live with my mother, called Alana. She works as a Lawyer so we live in a moderately big house but we don't spend a lot of money. My dad had to leave to do some government work ever since and he never came back. My best friend, Kona, always makes me laugh when I'm down and we've known each other since we were 4 years old. We met at the beach. We were both building sandcastles and decided to join the two to make a mega sandcastle. Both of our parents joked that we were destined to be best friends. I have dark, nearly blue hair with a couple of golden strands from a gene from my dad and my deep turquoise eyes came from my mom. I've noticed that I've been different from the others for a long time, but never questioned it. For example, my mom said that when I was a baby when she would wheel me around, people would start to stare into my eyes sometimes, as if in a trance and then snap out. My hair is also strange. Once a month, during the night, my hair will grow rapidly and have a faint glow. That started a month after my 12th birthday. Sometimes I would smell pine, even though we were at home, mostly when I would take a shower. I never felt different though. It all felt..... natural. I like water too, but I don't really go in. Normally I just sit at the shore or on a dock with the breeze ruffling my clothes and hair, causing goosebumps. And sometimes I spend hours outside just looking around, awakening my senses, ignoring the feeling of time passing by.