Chapter- 4

Part 1

"ANTHONY!!!!" I yelled as he collapsed.

He fell off his bike onto some hard rocks. He was only half the distance it took to get to Ms Kahele's house so I ran. As fast as a speeding car, I ran over to his body in distress. Kora followed, but was much slower.

"Hold on Anthony! I'm calling an ambulance." I said, taking out my phone.

Kora yelled for my mother and she ran towards us as soon as she realised what happened.

"What was he doing here anyway?" 

"No time to explain!" I muttered.

Kora, Mom and I had to princess-carry him into the house and we used most of our strength for that. I yelled at Brynn to open the door and we got him inside. He had hit his head and it was bleeding so I brought him an ice pack. The ambulance sadly still wasn't going to be here for another 10 minutes. Kora had told her parents that she was about to leave so she had to call them to tell them the changes. Mom had to cancel a meeting and was yelling at her boss that her paper could wait for next week (maternal instincts), and Brynn went to the window checking for them every 10 seconds.

Anthony groaned and moaned and I put some bandages on his other scrapes then put the AC on to try and calm him down.

"Anthony- Anthony! Hey, calm down, don't worry! Everything will be alright! Just wait okay? 6 more minutes and everything will be alright?" I hugged him and checked the clock.

"Are you sure about that? I feel like I'm dying. And honestly, right now I wouldn't mind." He moaned.

"Hey! Don't talk like that! We don't have any painkillers so I'm all you got. I'm here for you and don't ever forget that."

"Always?"

"Always." 

I don't know why I said that and I don't know why it felt right but I knew I could not break that promise. The ambulance arrived and had a lot of medical tools in the way so only mom, me and obviously Anthony could fit in. I waved bye to Kora and stupidly left my phone on the table so I spent the intervals between panicking and reassuring him looking out the window. Mom near the front and Anthony and I were at the back.

He held my hand. I had to resist flinching and pulling back because I knew he was in a time of need. He looked into my eyes again, but I fixed my gaze upon him as well. 

"Has anyone ever told you how beautiful you are? Your eyes are like a milky way." He said, inching his head towards my knee.

"What?"

The nurse said it was just the anaesthetics and he'd be out like a light soon, but I felt it was something more.

Did Anthony like me?

I tried to ignore the fact that a guy I barely knew liked me and focused on the road and we arrived 3 minutes later. It was the first time I've ever been in a situation like this and I was hoping it would be my last. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Part 2

The nurses dragged Anthony's stretcher on wheels to an emergency room like a tsunami, so I couldn't keep up navigating the corridors. 

I got back to my mom and his parents were already there. It had started raining so they had their umbrellas with them. I explained everything to them and my mom and we waited outside. He had to have surgery for his leg so I brought him a muffin. I couldn't help thinking it was all my fault. His face, his eyes aswell. An hour later, a doctor said it was safe for us to come in and he would be alright. He had to use crutches too.

I let his mother and father to smother him for a bit and then they left.

I hugged him.

"Hey, hey, I'm okay!"

"I was just scared. I didn't know how bad things would or could be and it's just a relief to see that your okay!"

I nearly cried while saying that.

"Do you remember anything?" I asked.

"Yes. Thanks for being there for me. " He said.

He looked into my eyes once again but he did not go into the same trance. I hugged him once again and he told me that he would be alright and he would come over on Saturday. 

I made an effort to stop thinking about it but I just couldn't.

Why?

Thank you for reading so far! Rate it out of 10 please and maybe give some advice? *mwah* byeeeeeee! :)

****