4-race against gravity

A/n:
Warnings: Blood, gore, yeah
Word count: 1700
Listen.... I don't even have an excuse honestly. My b guys

tryingtogetto1700words dontworryaboutit 

Prentiss

As the team devised a plan, Emily bit her nails to skin in anxiety. She couldn't imagine a work day that wasn't filled with the incessant bickering between the young friends. It was one of the only constants that Emily found herself actually looking forward to, as more and more aspects of her life fell apart. 

Hotch expressed the importance of all his agents sticking together. 'If we get separated, it'll make it even more impossible for search and rescue to find us all.' He had said. And so, the members of the behavioral analysis unit set off down the beach. They were scattered in a zigzag formation. In the front was JJ, Rossi, and Hotch. Emily and Morgan followed closely behind.

The island was a sort of pear shape, the forest being in the middle, and the sand surrounding it on the perimeter. It was decided that the team would search in a sort of swirl shape, starting on the outside, and circling around time and time again, getting closer and closer to the middle. 

What the team didn't know, is that Tiana and Reid were currently smack dab in the middle of the island. 

Rossi made a good point that when people are in an unknown place, they'll tend to gravitate to a space where they can see their surroundings. In this case, Tiana and Reid would most likely go to the shore. 

The sand slowly made an impressive collection in Emily's shoes as she trailed through the beach. She had began to compile a list of people she was pissed off at.

-Tiana (for getting lost, what is she, five?)
-Reid (It was probably his fault they got lost)
-Morgan (he looked at her wrong. who does he think he is?)
-JJ (why wasn't she frustrated?)
-Rossi (can he not be an Italian mom for five seconds?)
-The FBI (why is Emily even working for them? to die on an island? bullshit.)
-The ocean ("it's just stupid.")
-Sand ("it's so unnecessary")
-The private jet (it was cool for like three seconds.)
-Physics (if it was real then they wouldn't have crashed. duh.)
-Isaac Newton (he just stated the obvious)
-Her heart (it was STILL beating)
-The world ("literally nothing works. what the hell")

3rd Person POV:

The team trudged through miles of sand when they finally agreed to take a break. It was a miracle that none of the members had collapsed from heat exposure. 

They took small sips of their water bottles, being smart to ration them as much as possible. The silence was tense, nervous, each of the agents had a tight coil wound up in their stomachs. The worry they felt for the missing people was inherently obvious to their coworkers. 

Spencer Reid was special. He joined the BAU at a young age. What he lacked in physical strength, he made up for with his never-ending intelligence. He seemed to have a factoid or some sort of extensive knowledge on anything and everything that pertained to his job. And if he, in some odd occurrence,  somehow didn't know something, he could so very easily read a book at the speed of light. And when he did read the hypothetical book in the hypothetical situation, he would remember it forever, thanks to his Eidetic memory.

Tiana Brown was special. She had a personality that drew the attention of everyone. Like a moth to a flame, the people around her loved to be in her presence. She has the incredible ability to be so incredibly empathetic, and she always knew exactly what you were feeling. She would drop anything she was doing just to be with her people if they were struggling. Being an empath is what made her such a good profiler. With her compassion, grace, and determination, she always had some sort of hunch or lead to any type of case. She could calm the mind of any victim, and used her empathy in interrogations to get inside the head of the unsub. She was also physically strong. She is trained in many forms of self defense, and could kick anyone's ass if she really wanted.