2| Mystery Boy

I walked into Sir Isaacs's office closing the door behind me.

"Aaah, you're finally here."

I smiled lightly. I was slightly annoyed with the way that he put emphasis on finally.

He sat down at his desk, opening a drawer, and pulling out a stack of papers.

"Alright," he began, "as you know, you are a part of a joint contract with me as well as the school due to your parent's low status and qualifications for the school." He looked at me awaiting a movement or a response.

I nodded my head, in response, trying my best to hold back how I truly felt.

"And you also know eventually, you'd have to do something, that you might not like, no matter how bad you don't want to do it." He redirected his eyes from the stack of papers to mine.

I slowly shook my head.

"Ok, now that we're on the same level, I'm going to tell you what that is."

There was a pause in everything. Until he spoke again. "You're going to have to kill this boy." He handed me a picture of a boy. I looked at it once, not really taking in too many details.

I focused more on the words Sir Isaac said. Kill him. He said it as if it was a normal thing to do. Like he was used to saying those very words to people on the regular. It was disturbing but I didn't show any expression on my face.

Giving me very little intel on this mysterious boy, he dismissed me, leaving me with numerous questions. I walked out of his office, shoving the picture into my back pocket.

I don't think what I had to do sunk in completely. I still felt normal. I wasn't nervous. I wasn't scared. Well at least yet.

When I got home, I looked at the picture that Sir Isaac gave to me. It was a picture of a boy. He was tall and slender, yet muscular. In the picture, I could see his curves thru his shirt which was hugging him. His hair was a dirty blonde and hung low over his eyes. His eyes held a dark, uncanny expression within themselves. He looked to be about 17, 18 the most. To think that I had to kill him. But how was I going to do that? I don't even know him, but then it would be better to not know him. It would remove all suspicions from me and put them onto someone else. But that would also make it harder for me to get close enough to kill, leaving me no choice but to get to know him. I needed a clear and concise plan, one that had no chance of fail. I wanted to make my parents proud, I wanted to show them that all that they have sacrificed wasn't a waste. I owed it to them.

I looked at the picture once again. He had a sleeve of tattoos covering his arm completely. I could already see what kind of person he was, hopefully, that would make it easier to kill him, I thought to myself.

I had been trained and prepared to kill. It was a secret course that the Academy provided, only to those who were like me. The sessions were done individually to prevent any leaking of information so that all the people like me identities would remain inconspicuous from each other.

I understood why they did that, but I think I'd feel better if I knew who were like me. Who were all pretending to be someone they aren't? But it would always remain a mystery.