Chapter 1

AU

I have a problem😅 This is my 3rd or 4th fic with Debbie as a lawyer! Let me tell in advance that there are few more fics with Debbie as lawyer😅 I can't take the statement made by Sandy out of my mind. She told in O8 interview that Debbie probably would advice her lawyer to solve problems than listening to a lawyer. Since then I imagine Debbie as a tough uptight lawyer and Lou as a rich, freebird. Enough of my blabbering. Here's the characters:

Debbie Ocean, a prestigious Lawyer

Lou Miller, a businesswoman.

Tammy, Lawyer and Debbie's partner in the firm

Daphne, YouTube personality and Lou's friend

Constance, Lou's friend and Professional Gamer

Nineball, Lou's friend, hacker and Professional Gamer

Rose, Lou's friend and a socialite

Amita, Debbie and Tammy's friend and junior

*******

The place in Minnesota mentioned in here, is a fictional isolated countryside named Lorien. I have no idea if such place exists anywhere except in Middle Earth Lothlorien of Galadriel.

All situations, names and characterisation of OCs, scenes, weather conditions, cities/countryside description (Except NYC) and dialogues are fictional! No reference to any living or dead!

***********

Year 2019

Debbie sighed. She couldn't concentrate anymore. She had been working for past few hours though it was weekend. For long time now, her days were only filled with work and zero fun. She didn't want any fun. All fun vanished from her life, the day Lou walked out of her life, 3 years ago.

Lou Miller, who was her girlfriend of 11 years, left her because of one bad incident in their life. An incident which showed Debbie cheating on Lou. At the time when Lou left her, everyone including Debbie thought it was Debbie's fault. She believed that she cheated on Lou, while being drunk that fateful night. The circumstance had made her a villain. But a year back, the truth was out and it proved Debbie's innocence. But Lou wasn't there to witness that. Lou was nowhere in New York since she left Debbie. Nor was she in Australia. No one knew where Lou was. Debbie, Tammy, Lou's sister Ann, Ann's husband Aron had been looking for her everywhere but she wasn't found till this date.

Debbie was not able to cope up with this. She has been drowning herself in work for last 3 years. Lou leaving her was traumatic and for two years she blamed herself and hated herself for whatever happened. But when she realised the truth, though was happy for a second, still remained unhappy in life because Lou wasn't there anywhere to hear the truth. Every single day since Lou left, Debbie has been dreaming about their reunion but it never became a reality. And in these 3 years, she couldn't lead a happy life, gain normality and emotional support from anyone. Well, except for El.

El was an upcoming writer, who was famous for a romantic novel 'Love you, forever'. Debbie stumbled upon his social media handle a year after Lou left. Well, she never saw him. No one saw him. He was a mysterious writer with the best novel of the year. The love story in that novel was inspiring and so well written. The man and the woman in that story were deeply in love, and the love was unconditional. Though in fictional world it was ideal, the way the novel was written, it made people believe that unconditional love exists, if the partners work hard on it. The novel was awarded and it became the best seller. Yet, El never came forward to accept. Instead, the publishers took the awards on his behalf.