The Big Chop

As she got further into her chemo treatments , the worst was happening her hair was starting to come out and she was mad as hell.  Alex prayed her hair wouldnt come out , guess God didnt hear prayers that night . " My DAM HAIR" she screamed looking at her comb . Alexandra was a beautician and she did everything she knew or learned to prevent it . Months prior she had her hair cut into a style so if it came out people wouldnt notice . but oh boy it started to come out and it wasnt no stopping . " Maybe if we cut it lower it make you feel better " her moma said trying to comfort her . " No" Alex said. " Im not cutting my hair . " she rolled her eyes . Alexandra had thick hair so you couldnt notice that it was coming out . She refused to cut her hair . " Im finna go to Camerons house for a little bit " she said . " Okay, you sure you dont be outside , you dont need to get sick " her mother said . " Okay" . Alexandra went to do her hair and make up. " what the fuck " she screamed . " What did you just say" her mother said walking into her room . " LOOK" Alexandra said holding a hand full of hair . " Did you cut it that " her mother asked.  " No i was combing it and it just came right out" " Come on lets just cut it low so we wont have another " What the fuck" moment her mom laughed . " Momma nothing is funny" she said . " Come on lets cut it" she said. " Momma im not cutting my hair" she said . " cutting it puts you in control so it wont freak you out " . Alexandra thought about it . " Ugh Ok" she agreed . " Okay come in my bathroom " . " Momma dont cut no patches in my head.  " okay ill use the scissors we can cut it in  a fro . " UMM NO " alexandra said . " Okay lets just cut it short " her mom said. " I guess " alexandra said . Tears filled her eyes . As her hair hit the floor so did her tears . " its gonna be okay " as her mom said . " What yall doing in here " in walked her little sister . " her hair starting to come out so we just making it shorter " her mom said . Its like her pride was gone . Anybody who knew Alex knew how she was about her hair . Now it was gone . " Well ill cut mines "  her sister said. " me too you know im fine i can rock anything " her mother chimed in . " No i dont want nobody to cut their hair , aint nobody finna blame me if it dont grow back right " alex said . They all laughed . Alex wrapped her hair in a scarf grabbed her keys and was headed to Camerons house . For some odd reason being around him she forgot she had cancer .  After getting home from Camerons house ,  Alex removed the scarf and her hair was still coming out . " okay im in control " she said to herself . She grabbed her clippers . " daddy you want to cut my hair ''  she asked her daddy, since he had a little barbaring under his belt . " nah, i dont wanna do it " he said . '' why'' she said looking upside his head . " I just cant handle it . . Alexandra was lowkey ticked off but this ment she had to take matters in her own hands.  " Okay Alex just do it . " Alexandra turned the clippers on and buzzed all her hair off. " WHAT THE FUCK DID I JUST DO " she started to cry . Alexandra felt all her self esteem roll down her face. " You okay "  her parents asked walking into her room . " No i look like a baked potato " she said laughing trying not to cry again . " You dont have a ugly face so you have nothing to worry about " her mom said . " Yea your not ugly so dont be sad." her dad sad. 

The next day Alex stayed in bed the whole day . She wasnt feeling to good. By this point in treatment Alex was in the middle she had two treatments left but it felt like for ever. She was just sad all the time . It was getting bad . she drifted off to sleep . " Ellie wake up " she heard a voice say . She opened her eyes . " LECI" she screamed . WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU DO .  she kept saying . maybe she was dreaming. Alexandra drifted back off to sleep . When she woke up , her sister was standing there. " Dude what the hell did you do ? she asked . Alexandra thought she was dreaming , her little sister cut all her off . " I told you i was going to do it .'' her sister said flauting her newly shaved head . Alexandra had to admit the haircut looked really pretty on her sister . " Well when i first woke up you cussed me out " she laughed . " I thought i was dreaming . " ..