The Pack

If you liked this chapter, please consider leaving a vote.

Dinosaur Speech

"Human Speech"

Sound Effect

Red's POV

   The 'human', as I heard them call themselves, that took me from my brothers put me into a large box with invisible walls. A few days have passed and the only creatures that I have seen are the humans in white coats and the human named Owen... Owen, the only one I really cared about. He comes over to me every day and spends time with me as well as feeds me.
   I was sitting in my nest when I heard and smelled Owen coming into the room. I jump up and excitedly screech, Owen! You're here! Owen chuckles, walks to the container, lifts me up, and says, "Excited to see me, huh Red?" I then chirp to show him my agreement. Surprisingly, Owen starts carrying me out of the room. We walked past many rooms, full of eggs and other weird objects, separated by invisible barriers until we reached a room that humans called a hatchery. Owen then brings me into the hatchery and sets me into a cage. As I stand back up, I look around and noticed something. My brothers! They are here too! I start to chirp but then I realized that all but one of them were staring harshly at me. I then said, What's wrong? The meanest looking one, who is white with purple stripes along his back, steps up and growls, I am Zeta, the alpha of this pack and you will be the Omega... Understand?!? As I look at him I instantly decide that I will not be subservient to my brother or anyone else. I then run towards him screeching, I REFUSE TO BE SUBSERVIENT TO ANYONE!!! As I leap into the air Zeta dodges me and kicks my side drawing first blood. Before I fell over, I managed to grip his neck with by jaws cutting his skin and pulling him down with me. I quickly get up and pin Zeta down to the floor with my foot on his throat. He then tries to escape so I apply more pressure on his neck. Eventually, Zeta surrenders and accept me as the raptor Alpha. I let him up and then turn to socialize with the others. The first one to come towards me was a black raptor with purple strips similar to Zeta's along his back. I then say, Hi, my name is Red. The other raptor then introduces himself as Gamma and says I respect how you beat Zeta. So, I have decided to pledge my allegiance to you, Red. Gamma then steps back and lets me talk to our youngest brother Bravo, a white raptor with a black strip running along his back. Instantly, I realized how hyper our youngest sibling was as he said, Hi! How are you! I hope your nicer than Zeta! Want to play!? In response I say, Nice to meet you. I am doing fine. No, I do not want to play right now, but I promise that I will play with you later. I then precede to walk to the far side of the cage and curl up to go to sleep with one eye open in order to make sure that my new family and pack members are safe. Just before drifting off to sleep, I have one unexpected thought... Blue.