The Second Raptor Paddock

If you enjoyed this chapter, please consider giving it a vote.

Dinosaur Speech

"Human Speech"

Sound Effect

No Ones POV

One year later...

   The employees of Jurassic World are rushing around the catwalks on the second raptor paddock. A man shouts, "Release the pig!" A worker presses a button opening a small gate in the wall. The pig cautiously steps out into the open. Crack. The pig looks towards the source of the noise and instantly takes off. The four raptors are now clearly visible to the viewers above. The lead raptor communicates with the others and falls back. The other three raptors continue chasing the pig.

Red's POV

   While chasing the pig I begin to bark orders to the others. Gamma, Zeta, Bravo! Continue guiding the prey to the wall! I'm going to cut it off before it escapes into the disappearing den and kill it! The others do as I ask and I begin slowing down. I then turn and run into the brush. Increasing my speed, I pass the current location of the prey and get ready to pounce. Just as I was about to lunge I hear a whistle. Distracted, I miss the prey and it escapes into its weird den. My brothers and I then turn to look up at the source of the noise to see that it was our human Alpha, Owen. Come on I was just about to catch it! I complain. In response Owen says, "Watch it Red." He then makes the clicking noise with the object in his hand and orders, "And now we're moving." As we follow him Bravo playfully bumps into Gamma causing Owen to snap, "Bravo, don't give me that shit!" Owen grabs a metallic container and pulls out and tosses each of us rats while saying, "Bravo... Zeta... Gamma... Red, this ones for you." I snatch mine out of the air and its taste hits me. It smells like it was recently caught and is very juicy with a wonderful, almost intoxicating, taste. I communicate my thanks and go to lay down. While laying I think about what has happened the last year. Early on I realized that in order to remain the alpha raptor I cannot show any signs of weakness. Due to that realization, I was extra careful to not be too playful or get injured. I ended up choosing Gamma to be my beta due to his loyalness and because he is a strong ally. Screee! Shaken from my thoughts, I stand up and see that the prey is out again. However, before I can do anything Zeta rushes in, snatches the prey, and runs off to eat the prey. A human also falls in from above so I order, Gamma, take the right! Bravo, take the left! I got the middle! As we start advancing on the new prey the wall starts opening and Owen runs in between us and the new prey. As I cautiously approach I smell fear. It takes me a few moments to register that it was Owen, our human Alpha, that the smell was coming from. Instincts kick in and I move in for the attack however, Owen manages to role behind the bar wall just before we could get him. I walk off still trying to register what I just did. I attempted to attack our human alpha...