Realizations

~Aang~

When Aang came to, he discovered he was half naked on the floor, his clothes laying on top of him. He looked around for Na li, and thanked everything that she wasn't in the room. He tugged on his clothes, grabbed his glider-staff, and headed up to the main deck, all the while trying to figure out what the living heck had happened last night.

When he got up to the main deck, Katara immediately came forward and grabbed his arm in a supportive manner, as if expecting him to fall over any second. "You need any help?" she asked. "Healing--?"

"Katara I'm fine," Aang said as he took his arm out of her grip. "Really, quit fawning over me."

"Really Aang?" Jey asked, her arms crossed. "Then why were you half naked when I found you in your room, huh?"

Na li's face turned a deep red and she jumped in. "We...umm..." she stammered, sounding like she wasn't even sure what she wanted to say. "I-I don't really know...w-we kinda...um..."

"Nal relax," Sokka said with a wave of his hand. "I'm sure you guys didn't do anything...hmm 'weird' isn't really the right word...lemme think for a second..."

"Wait a minute, Nal," Jey whispered in Phoenixian as Sokka continued talking to himself. "You didn't do what I think you did, did you? Please tell me I'm actually wrong this time, please tell me--"

"Relax," Na li whispered back in the same tongue as Aang sat down next to her. "I'm sure it was nothing, we didn't do anything. We must've just gotten hot in the middle of the night while we were snuggling and accidentally took off our underwear in the process of taking off our pants."

"But you were sleeping with Aang and you were half naked too. Great, you did do what I think you did, why did you have to do that--"

"Jey you're overreacting, again. Just relax."

"I can't relax knowing my two best friends--"

"Jey shut up!" Aang hissed at her. "Sokka's trying to talk."

Jey reluctantly stopped talking and looked up as Sokka started explaining what had happened over the past three weeks.

"After what happened in Ba Sing Se we had to get you two to safety," Sokka explained. "We flew back to Chameleon Bay, where we found my father and the other Water Tribe men. The Earth King decided he wanted to travel the world in disguise, so he set off alone. Well, not completely alone. Soon the bay was overrun with Fire Nation ships. Rather than fight them all, we captured a single ship, and made it our disguise. Since then we've been traveling west. We crossed through the Serpent's Pass a few days ago. We've seen a few Fire Nation ships but none have bothered us."

Na li was silent, looking down at her bowl of noodles. Aang looked over at her before speaking up: "So what now?"

"We've been working on a modified version of the invasion plan," Hakkoda answered.

"It's Sokka's invasion plan," Katara corrected.

"Yes, Sokka's plan," Hakkoda amended. "We won't be able to mount a massive invasion without the Earth King's armies, but the solar eclipse will still leave the Fire Nation vulnerable."

"So we're planning a smaller invasion," Sokka said. "Just a ragtag team of our friends and allies from around the Earth Kingdom. We already ran into Pipsqueak and The Duke." He gestured over to where the duo was standing. Both were eating noodles, The Duke sitting on Pipsqueak's shoulders.

"Good to see you again, Aang," Pipsqueak said in his deep voice.

"You too, Na li," The Duke added in.