Author's Note

"Without a King" is available for purchase! 

If you enjoyed the book, please consider buying a copy! It can be found on friesenpress.com (I've added it as an external link at the bottom of this chapter). This page also has some information about various e-book versions that are available.

If you would like to support me without buying a book, you can become a Patron! Search Julie Côté on Patreon (without accents works too), or juliecotewriter. I'm trying to post fun behind the scenes tidbits and regular updates for now, but hopefully I'll start to offer more soon!

If you would like to continue reading the Greatest Thief Series, book 2, An Aimless War, is available!

If you are interested in learning more about this world, check out the Guide to Zianna book! It includes information about the world and characters, as well as some myths.

If you would like to read more adventures in Finn's world, my book Wanderlust takes place about twelve years earlier and is about Tannix's uncle, Tanden. Tannix also makes a few appearances as a little kid! If you like Finn and Tannix, I'm sure you'll like Tanden and Soren.

"Lord Tanden is finally free. Free from his family's obligations, free to sail around the world, free to explore. It's all he's ever wanted, to be allowed to experience everything life has to offer, away from the stuffy meeting halls of his childhood. To indulge his wanderlust.

However, wanderlust isn't the only thing he's after. Captain Tanden is rich, he's charming, and he's handsome. He knows he can get the prettiest girl or the most attractive man in every port. Yet, he knows that none of them will hold his interest for long. He's always moved quickly, from one country to the next, from one lover to someone else. No one can keep up, but he doesn't mind. Tanden's life and adventures are a game he's destined to play on his own.

But then he meets Soren in a bar, and things change.

Soren isn't just an excellent sailor and fantastic candidate for first mate, he might be capable of keeping up. He might be the only person willing to play Tanden's game."

Finn's world has been an ongoing project for eight years. As of writing this update, I have written five of the Greatest Thief Series (with a final sixth book planned), Wanderlust and a sequel, two novellas touching on the backstories for characters you'll meet later, and countless short stories that explore other characters or events I couldn't fit into the books. I also have vague ideas for at least four other standalone books and two other series.

Evidentially, it's hard to leave a fantasy world after putting so much work into creating it! But I hope people will be interested in seeing more.

Some final information about Without A King

- Without a King is on goodreads! So if you have an account please consider going and leaving a review! (Also, it'll count towards your reading goal!)

- If you want to see updates on my various projects, I'm trying to post fairly regularly on social media and I can be found on facebook, instagram and twitter (although I have yet to actually use it) with the name juliecotewriter. 

- Additionally, I try to keep my website, juliecotewriter.com, up to date (there's also a blog which I sporadically post on). My website has information about my various other projects, but also does have a section where I've posted a bit more information about Finn's world including some ok-ish drawings I did of the characters!

- Julie