10:34 am

I cross over to the other side of the main road and pull my buzzing phone out of my jacket pocket. 

'Hey Emme, I was thinking of coming over for dinner tonight to spend some time with you. That alright with you? - Mike'

Lately, my older brother has been texting me daily. I know why but it's just sucked having all this pity. I'm actually glad that he's finally showing interest in me again but I wish it was for the reasons I wanted, not to monitor me. 

'Sure, Mike. Make sure to text mum first, she's going to have to make more pasta if you're eating with us. - Emme'

I turn the corner onto Primrose Av and slip my phone back into my pocket.

Mike was already in university when Maggie and I were graduating from Primary School. Maggie had a big crush on him and I kept telling her how gross he was but she was convinced they were soulmates. I remember during the ceremony when a band of boys in our year were performing particularly badly, she told me she was going to marry Mike. I had laughed and told her that if we were sisters, then he was her brother. Ever since we had seen the 'Parent Trap', we were convinced we were long lost sisters despite my brown hair and green eyes contrasting with her blonde hair and blue eyes. She reluctantly agreed that she couldn't marry Mike so instead, she pointed up to the drummer of the band playing, Sam Davis and said she would marry him instead. I pointed to the guitarist, Max Evans and said that I would marry him. By the end of their rendition of 'We Are Family', we had planned out our entire joined, music themed wedding.