10:41 am

I pull out my phone and first; put it on silent, I'm getting tired of Mum and Mike texting me and secondly; to put the address into the maps on my phone. I know my way to Maggie perfectly by now, I just don't usually walk there. It reads 7 minutes until arrival. If mum had just let me take the car, I would be there by now. 

I feel a sudden jolt and my shoulder collides with someone walking passed me.

The man snaps at me; "Watch where you're going!" His friend laughs and they keep walking. I turn off my phone and continue walking, looking down at my feet, still wet from the person on the bike.

My 13th birthday had been around the corner and Maggie and I had been planning it for weeks to come. I was one of the first people in our grade to turn 13 so obviously, it was a big deal. We had made the executive decision to invite Maeve Simpson, the coolest girl in our grade. We figured if she could come, everyone would want to come. I asked her at lunchtime in front of all her friends so if she said yes, they would see. I handed her one of the invitations that Maggie and I had spent all week making with pieces of patterned paper and newspaper cut out letters but Maeve Simpson just laughed at me and threw it on the floor. Everyone having lunch saw and after that, everyone that we asked to come said no. I remember crying in the bathroom during the next two hours of lessons and Maggie had been there to comfort me. After school, Maggie heard Maeve making fun of me and she gave her a black eye. We had the party by ourselves but it wasn't a bad thing. Our parents chose not to cancel the catering when they saw how upset we were so we had a chocolate fountain, a cake and loads of snacks to ourselves. We had both been sick later that night but it was the best birthday I had ever had.