chapter 10

"Mister Darknight Hero?"

There was a pause in their work slowing to a stop to watch how the situation would play out. Even Kaeya, who was always bored out of his mind, hadn't expected those words to fall out of her mouth.

For those that knew truth about the 'Prince of Mondstast', it engraved into their souls already overtime, as for those that didn't, their hearts anticipated still to learn the true identity of the vigilante. The mix were all of those present at the scene, all glancing their way towards [name] and the noble standing in front of her. The man that she had bumped into attempted to straighten his clothes and composure in front of his employer.

He darted the conversation shortly towards [name] with an insulting tone. "Darknight Hero? Are you crazy? Master Diluc is not a vigilante, nor should you compare him to those absurd rumors in town." He glanced at the red haired man, bowing slightly in form. "Forgive me, sir, for being impolite."

Being the gentleman that he was, the male lightly shook his head once. "None taken, however," He gazed over to [name] who turned red in the cheeks from embarrassment. "I still haven't gotten my answer towards what happened here."

In his panic, the man attempted to direct as much blame as possible on [name], staring her down with pure irritation. "Yes, sir; what happened here was that this young lady bumped into me just now and made me drop the crate."

Diluc rose a brow. "What was the crate filled with? Can't you just pick it all back up?"

His employee nervously answered back. "They were the new bottles of Dandelion Wine that were just transported from the Dawn Winery." He paused. "They're broken... Sir."

At this, Diluc whipped his head around to [name] who had stayed quiet the entire time. His hands crossed over the other studying her features. "You."

Her head perked up at this. "M- me?"

Diluc frowned, whispering lowly to himself. "Every damn time... Why are you so clumsy..?"

[name] blinked, asking him aloud. "I'm sorry. Clumsy?"

The red head's eyes turned slightly wide with surprise before he glanced away. The tips of his ears were turning rather red, and the fact that he didn't add anything more after that made her realize that maybe 一 she was actually not meant to have heard him say that. It made her blood pulse. He hadn't personally denied it, nor did he admit to it either, yet it still had her thinking:

So, does this mean they have actually met before?

She wanted to question him一 To ask if she wasn't mistaken after all, but this man had passed her off and away from the topic she wanted to know so badly of.

"In that case, miss, I don't suppose you can compensate this somehow?"

Compensate? What was she supposed to compensate with when she had nothing?

"I..." She hesitated, glancing at a quiet Kaeya then down to her feet. "I don't have any mora..."

Nor, did she even really be given the chance to go to work since the recent incident, so that part in itself would be hard for her to gather for herself.

Diluc gazed at her when a sigh left him. "Surely, there's got to be a way. We make profit off of selling beverages and drinks therefore there's a loss of profit here if a crate full of our Dandelion Wine is wasted."

[name] heavily swallowed in his words. This was reality, and of course, she knew that fact better than anything else as to how hard making a living can be, especially with herself being poor.