chapter 22

Winter was a quiet voice that brought her more questions than a solemn tranquility she wished she would have been gifted with. Every time the snow dropped outside of her bedroom window, and the glass panels would grow frosty and cold, it had reminded her of the world outside, and a particular blue haired man that would have been standing outside beyond this warm mansion, miles away from her reach.

He left her here, stranded, like he promised, and she felt oddly confused in the vortex of it all.

Her emotions strangled her, choked her voice of reason or understanding of the simplest of things. She had nearly forgotten how his voice would sound like, if not for remembering the pain she last heard in his voice that time for long ago. She missed it, missed the teasing and playful flirts, or the way he'd guide her to try new experiences with a smile towards her way.

She missed him.

Such hurt her, this season of cold froze a part of her and for that, she solely wished she could see him again. But standing here in a world of white was lonelier than she perceived and it made her wonder to herself:

'Kaeya, when will I see you again?'

"How much longer are you just going to stand there like that?" Diluc's voice brought her out of her trance.

She lifted her head over to face him only to be pat on the face by a heavy coat. "Diluc..! I- I can't see!"

"You're partially blind anyways, it doesn't make a difference."

"B- but, still!"

Diluc sighed, turning his head opposite of her while she scrambled to get the coat off of her head. "And, you."

"Y- yes, master." The maid nervously responded, shoulders shrinking back as he stared her down from the height of his intimidating figure.

His sharp eyes fell into deep slits. "What had I told you about letting her go outside in this kind of weather."

The maid flinched. "S- sir, I- I..."

"Diluc." [name] firmly called him after pulling the coat off of her head. "Why are you scolding her? I wanted to come outside here myself, so stop it. It's as if you're accusing her of forcing me to stand outside like this."

He stared down at the woman shorter than him. His gloved hand roughly ruffled the top of her hair where her roots started, eyes hardening. "You're in trouble too."

[name]'s shoulders shrunk, weakly talking back to the Pyro vision user. "O- okay, but do you have to treat me like a child?"

"How else would you understand?"

Wait一this little..! Was he calling her stupid!?

"You're busy aren't you, go back inside already."

"I'm not eating dinner without you一 "

"D- dinner..?" A familiar high pitched voice caught their ears, they both hadn't heard of them in quite awhile, but they were both sure they knew who exactly the voice belonged to without having to utter a single word.

"Paimon? Is that you? What are you doing here?" [name] asked, turning to face the pair before them.

The odd floating creature waved her hands around in the air, glancing over to a following Aether. She jumped towards [name]'s side, leaning forward, her small hands hanging right where her mouth was. "D- dinner..." She cackled almost evilly, yelping when her cape was pulled back by

"Don't get distracted, we still have a duty to finish here." Aether warned the fairy.

Paimon grumbled, crossing an arm over the other in her tantrum. "Grr..! Don't pull on Paimon's cape like that!"