chapter 12

[ A/N: I finally decided on which character I'll star in my next upcoming fanfic! There's something special in the complete Author's Note at the end, check it out if you're interested enough. ;3 ]

[name] had sat on her bottoms for the longest time on the wooden toilet basin. She wasn't exactly doing anything, after having finished scrubbing one of her two limited outfit set. It had roughly been almost 2 weeks, nearing 3, since she found herself in the confines of what should have been cuffed wrists-to-quality spending time with a certain flirtatious blue head.

She had been waiting, but this man had exactly kept her at bay like he promised. With everything going on, she hadn't had proper time to think it through until now.

"Okay... Today's the day." She reassured herself, more than ever.

Escorted back to the interrogation room as expected, she trudged along with confidence as she walked. The only door to the room swung open revealing herself who wanted to interrogate the man, herself, when suddenly...

"Kaeya."

"Hm?" He hummed carelessly.

Her face fell into a flat line. "What do you think you're doing?"

Kaeya didn't even bother giving her a glance as he read on, casually flipping a page after the other. "You know, [name], I think you made a mistake somewhere."

"What?一 "

"The title, here... Isn't fairy tale supposed to be two separate words? Not one complete word?"

Mentally stumbling on forward, now, with a lack of will, [name] stalked over to him attempting to snatch the journal out of his hand. He dodged it, swinging his longer arm away from her.

"Oh?" It took one small word and still, she heard it: the way his voice slurred with tease, taking on the prowl of a bored cat wanting to play after lazing around so much, was more than enough to warn her of what was to come next: "I believe we've had this rodeo before not so long ago一If you missed it, you could just be straight up honest about it."

She resisted an urge to roll her eyes at him, just barely. "Hate to disappoint you, but I'd never."

Kaeya interacted. "Maybe you just know how to lie to yourself."

"Or, maybe you're just delusional."

"Or," He paused looking up into her eye this time. "Maybe you're scared to admit the truth to yourself that you actually fell for me."

[name] mockingly laughed at his comment. "This again..?" She sighed. "Kaeya, I enjoy a good joke, but when you have this much nerve to act this smug, it's more of a pain to feel than a joke to laugh on."

Kaeya's smirk taunted her, ready to embarrass her.

He enunciated every word he could grasp on aloud. "A woman who once came from a "magical" home." The sentence sounded oddly familiar, although not in these exact words, she noted how familiar the detail was to her. "She was the town's crazy, young lady, as she believed in the belief that "something" escorted and followed her wherever she went一even when she never saw any thing odd before."

Now where did she know that from..?

"Fayes of wind, she would call them for she would occasionally hear a voice in the wind, singing a fable she heard of from long before. But, what could truly sing a song that not even another knew? An answer that only time held, and only a faye could answer."

These lines sounded familiar一

"Later she lost her father and with that song she blew in hope of making her simple fairytale-like dream come true: to find her own magical house in her own dandelion field一 "