chapter 17

[ TW: A little graphic. ]

Dammit! Dammit! Where are they!

A dungeon full of monsters awaiting her一she knew that was an obvious statement, and prepared herself to accept the consequences of facing these monsters head on. Even if she lacked experience, the four skilled fighters she ventured into this temple with were more than enough to make up for.

But, to think that Diluc would have just walked off and Kaeya left her, Paimon, Razor and Aether behind without any notion into the temple, was something enough for [name] to dwell on in this particular moment.

'Kaeya, you bastard, I won't forgive you!'

Her hands still shook after managing to take down a hydro slime. It was her second or third time defeating a monster一the first time had been an unfortunate pain staking weigh on her chest. A feeling of adrenaline pumped through her blood as she ran down the maze by herself.

"Ah!" [name] yelped falling over when a loud 'boom' shook an impact below her feet. Someone, although more like something, had blew a nearby bomb thus resulting in her tripping. The sword Kaeya handed to her earlier in the morning, for her to borrow, had been knocked a few feet away from her hand.

She shuffled to get up, body nearly toppling over again at a second 'boom'. [name] gasped in pain after attempting to get up a second time. Her ankle had been sprained, just now from when it slipped when she tried to get up.

Therefore, she crawled, desperately so.

She crawled and crawled, reaching a hand out for as far as she could reach. The sound of loud stomping echoed the corridors of the dungeon. For what sounded like gibberish to her, were the anguished cries charging an attack behind her.

The duo of Hilichurls was coming, and if she didn't act fast now, she was sure to die.

Whether she had grasped at the handle of the sword or wrapped her hand around the actual blade一 she paid no mind and swung the weapon around her.

The steel waved upward, coming into contact just in time with the first Hilichurl's club. As she was lower in position, it gave the monster a small advantage to overpower her. She took the opportunity of him leaning in closer, for her to thrash and kick him in the stomach.

It took a couple tries.

The Hilichurl gasped at the power of her kick, knocking him back a step. Ignoring all of the pain in her ankle, she swung the blade forward, passed his club, and stabbed it through the chest.

A sob crawled up her throat but by bit, before coming aloud into a frustrated cry when the monster dropped dead moments later onto the ground.

Blood was on her hands. Whether that blood could have been human, or as it was now, Hilichurlin, blood had now tainted her hands for sure.

"[name], run!"

Her eyes briefly shut closed, at remembering that woman's scream again.

"Go away..." She mumbled, covering both sides of her ears with the palms of her hands.

[name] breathing grew heavy when her eyes opened again, watching the monster's body disperse into puffs of smoke.

It was like then.

She had nearly forgotten, however, about the second Hilichurl running towards her.

The feeling of adrenaline that had been there faded into loss. For some reason, she didn't move out of place.

What was there to fight for, when the voice in her head could stop with one simple solution?

"Watch out!"